R8 Barn find BARNIE progress.

OK grapevine activated! Thanks to our great folk in SA I can report that Phil's son sold Barnie to an enthusiast in Adelaide who is finishing the car off. It might be ready in a couple of months. Phil did the hard yards and it is now the finishing off (with hooks lurking here and there no doubt).
So it seems the car is secure, in good hands and will be on the road. Not a "gonna" car.....

Happy New Year to all.
Good to hear this news John. Happy New Year from Nannup to you too.
And just to report on another R8's progress down this way (Bridgetown), it's coming along great and we may see it on the road in 2021. Well in this neck of the woods anyway. Nannup's garden festival usually has a few cars lined up for inspection near the rivers walk bridge car park. I hope to be there in 2021 festival.
IMG_20201229_124147743.jpg

Good to hear this news John. Happy New Year from Nannup to you too.
And just to report on another R8's progress down this way (Bridgetown), it's coming along great and we may see it on the road in 2021. Well in this neck of the woods anyway. Nannup's garden festival usually has a few cars lined up for inspection near the rivers walk bridge car park. I hope to be there in 2021 festival.
View attachment 128965
Great. Typical Van Halteren work quality too. Wonder whether they've made a hatch to get at the alternator through the rear parcel shelf?
Enjoy Nannup and Happy New Year.