R8 Barn find BARNIE progress.

R8philSA

Fellow Frogger
Hi Guys.
Just letting you know that I'm still progressing with 'BARNIE' the 1963 R8 Barn Find.

Since my last update I now have a fully primed and painted boot area, primed outer body shell, 4 x R8 doors completed and today I just completed the new clutch installation to the engine. Slow going, so cold outside and in the shed and it effects my health but onward and upward. The way I see it every small thing done is one thing less I have to do.

Couple of pics to keep you interested. For those that are just reading for the first time get the earlier story from my Web Site: Phil's R8 Restoration Project

Cheers
Phil

View attachment 106166 DSCN2706.jpg

Phil, you realise you can update the original thread rather than starting new ones each time?
If you can’t find it, the search function in the Nav panel area using your username as a keyword could help.

Phil, you realise you can update the original thread rather than starting new ones each time?
If you can’t find it, the search function in the Nav panel area using your username as a keyword could help.

KB, I cannot see a thread, a collection of lint maybe. The scattered particles of fabric are however interesting in themselves. Some may enjoy connecting the parts of the puzzle if they have time and inclination. :spy:

At least Phil posts something, I am a bit slack posting updates on my Floride project.

Phil, is that the original flywheel and pressure plate ? I cant see if it has been lightened or balanced from those pics.

Brand new R16TS clutch Plate, pressure plate and throw out bearing from Sprint Auto Adelaide. Flywheel is original but 1Kg removed and then balanced with clutch assy.

Cheers Phil

Phil, is that the original flywheel and pressure plate ? I cant see if it has been lightened or balanced from those pics.

Sad, hope his family and friends can finish Barnie in his memory. RIP

I thought it might be of some interest to those who knew Phil. I found this snippet in the latest edition of Survivor Car Australia, Issue 29.IMG_0851.JPG

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the latest is on Barnie?

I think if anyone would know it would be this man JW
JohnW

I can't think of anyone who is as well connected as our man John.

I think if anyone would know it would be this man JW
JohnW

I can't think of anyone who is as well connected as our man John.
Well, that puts me in the frame! I'd better see if I can find out. I'm not sure to be honest.....

OK grapevine activated! Thanks to our great folk in SA I can report that Phil's son sold Barnie to an enthusiast in Adelaide who is finishing the car off. It might be ready in a couple of months. Phil did the hard yards and it is now the finishing off (with hooks lurking here and there no doubt).
So it seems the car is secure, in good hands and will be on the road. Not a "gonna" car.....

Happy New Year to all.

Well, that puts me in the frame! I'd better see if I can find out. I'm not sure to be honest.....
OK grapevine activated! Thanks to our great folk in SA I can report that Phil's son sold Barnie to an enthusiast in Adelaide who is finishing the car off. It might be ready in a couple of months. Phil did the hard yards and it is now the finishing off (with hooks lurking here and there no doubt).
So it seems the car is secure, in good hands and will be on the road. Not a "gonna" car.....

Happy New Year to all.
Of course there was no pressure at all but at least we have a result. :clown: I am sure a gentle hand will be applied to the shoulder of the new owner when he surfaces to join the 4CV register.