R25 Tyres

paulclifford

Fellow Frogger
The subject of tyres comes up every so often. I've just put a set (of 195/60 R15) Slovakian Sava Intensa's Unidirectionals on my R25 (I kid you not)... and they are great - quiet & grippy & reasonably priced.
Paul

Hmmm that's an interesting make of tyre. It will be good to see how long they last?
How much were they?

I use Michelin MXV's and I find them great. Unfortunately they cost the earth. Lucky they only need changing every 3 or 4 years.

Cheers

Luke

If its any use to you sava the tyre brand are not slovakian they are slovenian.They might be amed for renault because the make some renaults like the 4 long time ago.And i think they make the Megan for South eastern Europe. renault_

Thats interesting i think that make of tyre should be noted down for french car owners.
What about the continental tyres that the new Renaults come with?
What are they like?

Yep - Slovanian, sorry. They were $110 NZ each. What's that? about $130 AU? I keep a good record of maintenance etc, so it will indeed be interesting to see what mileage. It's interesting that when I went shopping "generally" for tyres the tyre man took one look at the R25 and by-passed all the other brands (more expensive) and went straight to the Sava's and said "recommended for Euro cars". Fine so far
Paul

Very interesting, I don't think the NZ dollar is worth as much as the Oz dollar so they should be under $100 Oz.

Sorry again! Converted the dollar the wrong way in the rush - yes it would make them less than $100. At the moment the difference is $1 NZ buys .89c AU.
Puzzlement in possible rear tyre wear. See new post ref "R25 Rear Wheel lean".
Paul