R12 Virage wanted

AllezPug

Fellow Frogger
Hi,

I am new to your forum, but not new to French cars. I have invested so much time and money in them that it's not even funny :rolleyes: . I much prefer driving (hard) an old R12 or 205 to the "sensible" car (2001 Calais) which sits in the garage only to come out for long trips.

I am looking for a R12 Virage in good nick. I am prepared to travel to pick up. Sedan preferred and must be manual. :D

Thanks, and I look forward to your responses...

JR cheers!

AllezPug:
Hi,

I am new to your forum, but not new to French cars. I have invested so much time and money in them that it's not even funny :rolleyes: . I much prefer driving (hard) an old R12 or 205 to the "sensible" car (2001 Calais) which sits in the garage only to come out for long trips.

I am looking for a R12 Virage in good nick. I am prepared to travel to pick up. Sedan preferred and must be manual. :D

Thanks, and I look forward to your responses...

JR cheers!
Why not just trade the Calais on a 406SV 5spd? You then have the best of both worlds!

<small>[ 19 March 2003, 09:59 PM: Message edited by: Andrew D ]</small>

Thanks for the suggestion about the trade-in.

Unfortunately the lease plan only allows for an Aussie-built car disappro

Otherwise, I think the choice would obviously be a fully restored Alpine A110 and the Targa Tasmania!

head_ban

Hi there,
I have a 1978 Virage sedan (manual) that was my daughters car, but has been kept in the family after she purchased a '95 Commodore. We have been a Renault & Peugeot family for over 30 years.

The car is in good condition, spoilt only by an unknown shopping centre shunt that slightly pushed in the corner of the rear bumper, which also slightly creased the guard where the bumper attachment bolt passes through. A small dent also occurred on the lip of the boot lid.

The colour is 'pine n lime (yellow) with brown/tan interior. It is fitted with a genuine towbar, driving lights, & R18 GTS mag wheels. Alternatively, I have a set (5) of genuine R12 mag wheels.

The suspension has been improved by the addition of R17 sway bars front and rear, which greatly improve the cornering (less body roll).

About 50,000 km ago, the engine was totally rebuilt, clutch replaced, gearbox seals done etc.
The car is registered until late November / early December (sorry, details not in front of me). It has been regularly serviced since acquisition. I have not hesitated to take it interstate on occasions, including Melbourne and Brisbane.

Anyway, I am not sure of your criteria, and due to distance (I am in Tamworth), if you are interested, maybe a photo or two via email would help. I would ask $1900 ONO, due to the small body blemishes.

Cheers,
Kim.

These two cars were recently advertised to Renault club members in Canberra. Both cars would now be out of rego as the ads were run last month.
You might want to consider joining ROCC as we regularly are supplied with details of cars for sale or to give away.
>1979 R12 Virage wagon. Front end and suspension reconditioned and upgraded,
>Reconditioned motor, though needs some work. Swap for P504 parts or free to
>good home. Contact Colin Reynolds 62383645 (h), 62064843 (w) or email
>antipodeancolin@hotmail.com, Sutton NSW

R12 Virage sedan, running, registered (only for another week), with many
spares. Looking for a good home, price negotiable but cheap. Call Mr McCurry
on 02-49751320, car located at Lake Maquarie, nr Newcastle.

Hi Allezpug,

Can supply a 12 Virage sedan. Just out of rego a month or so (NSW). In fair to good condition. Surplus to requirements and only $400 ono

Regards 16TS (Leigh Wilson)

I have a friend who is lloking to sell his Virage Wagon within 3-6months

Genuine 1.4 - 4-Speed Manual (automatic conversion)
body - needs a little tlc but all rust has been cut out and is sealed. Maroon Red in colour