R10's and R4's

Haakon

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
My dad and I have about 5 R4's and 2 R10's in various states of disrepair that need new homes. They are all open to offers, and whoever wants to take one or all can do so for a very nominal fee.

I believe that's what they call the standard shape.
There were sedans & panel vans.

gibgib:
I believe that's what they call the standard shape.
There were sedans & panel vans.
Sorry for being pedantic. Must have been a bad week.......

I hope they find a home. R4's are much too nice to be allowed to become extinct.

JohnW

The cars are in central Victoria, about a 2 hour drive from Melbourne. We really need to trim the collection, as we have about 30 or so Renaults, Peugeots, Rovers, Hillmans and NSUs and it is getting a bit out of hand. We are never going to have the time or money to do them all justice!
The NSUs are defiantly not for sale, but the rest mostly needs to go.

Hi

Can any of the R10's be driven .... i am dreaming of a drivable R10S? ... that can get to Sydney?

frown

Haakon,

Dad is wanting to know whether any of the R4's are 12volters, 4 speed 70's models?

Are there any fourgonettes?

spanner snail

Only one R4 is drivable, and all R4s are as Oz built/delivered and are 6 volt (which I gotta say is fine if you dont mind the headlights...)

Haakon,

Would u have any spare R10 bonnets or passenger side Rear 1/4s lying around in your collection? i need a relatively straight rust free one of each before my car is resprayed.

Cheers
Jensen

Jensen:
Haakon,

Would u have any spare R10 bonnets or passenger side Rear 1/4s lying around in your collection? i need a relatively straight rust free one of each before my car is resprayed.

Cheers
Jensen
sure do - and you get the rest of the car with it.....please!

sorry Haakon, i've already got a R17 sitting in the driveway needing work, so theres no place for another whole R10.
Cheers anyway

Jensen

fryren:
I need a going 10 to get my floride running
Mark, try Dave or Steve at French Connection Airport west Ph-03 03388191 they're good to deal with.

renault_ renault_ renault_ renault_ renault_ renault_ renault_ renault_

Unless you are planning major modifications (ie fitting disc brake front end; R10 running gear or something) I wouldn't have thought the 10 and floride share much commonality?

The Floride is based on the Dauphine floorpan/running gear.

The Caravelle on the R8 floorpan (which of course can use R10 components in many cases).

renault8&10:
Unless you are planning major modifications (ie fitting disc brake front end; R10 running gear or something) I wouldn't have thought the 10 and floride share much commonality?

The Floride is based on the Dauphine floorpan/running gear.

The Caravelle on the R8 floorpan (which of course can use R10 components in many cases).</strong>
I'd agree with the above, and I've seen some pretty horrendous conversions on Florides as a result of trying to combine them both.

Fellas calm yourselves, on fryren's first post you assume he's clueless, nothing could be further from the truth. A toolmaker by trade and a renaultphile of decades standing & i've known Mark, since the mid 80's if he wants a 10 to go under a Floride that's exactly what he wants.
There are still some of us, that enjoy the Engineering side of our hobby/sport.
renault_ renault_ renault_ renault_ renault_ renault_ renault_ renault_