R10 Engine upgrade, increase capacity

Joatt

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi. Is it possible increase the capacity of a R10 1108 cc 688 engine with piston and liners form a 810 1289cc engine or any other variant.
All thoughts appreciated.

Joatt,
First: Why go to the Sub-Forum ???

Now 688 will not take 810 liners, block needs machining for bigger liners. All the other stuff is the same. So why not just build a 810/1300 and put it in your R10, or get a 847/1400 and rebuild that to your spec and put it in.

Ray

Joatt,
If you put it in the main Renault forum it stays in the conversation, and in sight. In the Sub-Forum you need to go hunting for it if you are following it, as has happened now.

I am building a 1400cc 847 now as the South African Alconi version for my R10

Ray
Barbagello CC&C.jpg

I get it now Ray, thanks for sorting that. Nice project you've got there. Mine is a 750/4cv converting to 1.1 or 1.4 ( have a selection of engines) and fitting R10 suspension and gearbox (5 speed would be nice). Have all the bits to rebuild the 1.1 but bought pistons and liners for the 1.4 plus a heap of other bits. As a point of interest where did you get your wheels?
David

Hi Joatt I sent you a 'conversation' PM if you would like to look at it regarding Rays suggestion to shift this conversation to the main Renault discussion area.
Cheers jaahn
Look up the top right of the page beside your name at the letter icon.

I get it now Ray, thanks for sorting that. Nice project you've got there. Mine is a 750/4cv converting to 1.1 or 1.4 ( have a selection of engines) and fitting R10 suspension and gearbox (5 speed would be nice). Have all the bits to rebuild the 1.1 but bought pistons and liners for the 1.4 plus a heap of other bits. As a point of interest where did you get your wheels?
David
Heckler wheels Mexico.