Queensland Raceway sprints 24/4

jr20516v

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Thought i'd see more of you Froggies out there however there as only the black Clio and i.
They put me in with the first group of the day with 3 other cars..works mini and either end of me a xr8 new model and a ss commondore...a bit daunting !!
I only made one and a half laps b4 my coil packed in on corner two...had to get towed off and i spent the rest of the day trying to ascertain what was the problem.
The funny thing to come out of this was when i eventually got my time sheet for my big ONE lap it was an amazing .5 second down on my best time...and that was on stone cold tyres.
Its amazing what a v8 in the distance behind you can do LOL
Anyway it turned out to be an interesting day as the 100 cars had some great variety amonst them...most i'd never seen b4.

Oh yeah...RACQ wanted $350 to tow me to Brisbane LOL
cheers jr

Geez those times are falling now. Well done mate. Sux that you only got a few laps in. Did everybody get 2 or 3 runs? How did you get home then?

I spent the day pulling the MX5 apart, extracting the T1 gravel trap from the brakes. Probably going to do the Motorkhana this weekend at QR with HSCCQ.

Cheers,

Cal.

Jr,

It was great to see your Pug out there on Saturday mixing with the big V8s, it sounded awsome when you accelerate out of the pit land. Pitty you had to stop, otherwise you could've crack under 1.04s.

I just can't go under 1.04s. Maybe that's the limit with the stock suspension.

well, my coilovers are coming :headbang: 1.03 here I come.

With with 5 pugs you've got, you'll fix the problem in no time ;)

Gee $350 to tow back to Brisbane? I thought it's $120. man it's expensive.... :eek:

Cheers
Steve

jr20516v said:
Thought i'd see more of you Froggies out there however there as only the black Clio and i.
They put me in with the first group of the day with 3 other cars..works mini and either end of me a xr8 new model and a ss commondore...a bit daunting !!
I only made one and a half laps b4 my coil packed in on corner two...had to get towed off and i spent the rest of the day trying to ascertain what was the problem.
The funny thing to come out of this was when i eventually got my time sheet for my big ONE lap it was an amazing .5 second down on my best time...and that was on stone cold tyres.
Its amazing what a v8 in the distance behind you can do LOL
Anyway it turned out to be an interesting day as the 100 cars had some great variety amonst them...most i'd never seen b4.

Oh yeah...RACQ wanted $350 to tow me to Brisbane LOL
cheers jr

Dammit Steve, you're going quick enough as is. At least hold off till I can get the 180 into the 1:04's first, ya bastard! :cry:

Rich

p.s. shut up, Brad. I know you're gonna have some smart ass comment about me getting into the 1:04's. :blackeye: :D

Ow no, I'm sure your car has full ability to make 1:04's, it's the driver I'm worried about :mallet: :D :D :D

Cal,
It looked like ppl got more than 2or 3 runs as they were getting them thru real quick.
I got home via the daughters Prelude...she came out and delivered a spare
coil [which didnt work ]
John Tetley was a great help and let me stow the car in one of the sheds and the towie would collect car during week for only $100.....only one thing he got it all the way to the workshop @ Springwood and left the keys at QR !!
AAAArrgh !! Steering lock was on and couldnt be moved.
I love track days !!!
jr

Glad to hear you got it home okay. :headbang:

Cal.

Any idea what the v8's were pulling there?

I'd love to go down for a sprint, my new tyres are up for some action. Hopefully i'll have my car ready for roaring around tracks for the next one.

I think Billy (Simon) was pulling 1:09's in is stock S1 8v.