QLD Motorkhana Championship Action

Beat your shopping trolley. :nownow:

Cal.

Reckon these 2 would be the best.

IMG_4926.jpg

IMG_5215.jpg

Cal.

Did poor Neil get beaten at something??? WOW :eek:

Were the FWD's more of a mission in the wet than the RWD's?

Wish I could of made it but was designated bridal driver :rolleyes:

Seems a yellow Datto 1600 showed you up in the wet, and I expect it would in the dry as well. A good 205 could probably still be competitive with Ken and his wife.

Said little yellow Datto will be showing me up for a few years to come yet. :blush:

Cal.

alan moore said:
Seems a yellow Datto 1600 showed you up in the wet, and I expect it would in the dry as well. A good 205 could probably still be competitive with Ken and his wife.

Had a good chat with Ken about your old battles in the 205gti.
Got the results and Ken finished 2nd outright with Pauline 8th outright. Cal finiahsed 22 and I followed closed behind in 24th.

I think an average 205gti would give him a run for his money with a good driver. Nothing wrong with my 205gti just I have no idea what I'm doing in motorkhana’s.

That dam Triangles started the day off and it was all down hill from there.

Lots of fun though.
Neil

I like this photo better.

Attachments

• IMG_5135.jpg
    IMG_5135.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 276
I admit "Tryangles" is a fairly tough test. Often the first test of the day was something easier, like "plumb crazy" or "Corridor", to bring you up to speed more slowly.

When running against Ken years ago, we could pick which one of us would win just by looking at the tests involved. He was quicker on tests where accelleration was a help, I was quicker on tests like "Crossover" where he would be slower with all the handbrake turns, and I would do the whole test without it, going from lock to lock. He was marginally better in reverse.

Sticky front tyres are a necessity on a FWD, if you are to have any chance at putting down good times, although going the right way always helps.