Qld club (SIV) rego change.

Greenpeace

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
Hi, I don't know that this has really been put out there, I only found out because I went onto QLD Transport's website to download a form.🤷‍♂️

20230207_225303.jpg

Still no help when you live no where near anyone with a clue on how to look after old Euro cars 🙃 but good know for future

Still no help when you live no where near anyone with a clue on how to look after old Euro cars 🙃 but good know for future
The 30 km rule is in relation to testing after making a your OWN repairs.
You can still travel ANY distance to have someone else do repairs for you.
Note it says reasonable and justifiable. In other words, say I wanted to drive a few hundred kms to get the spheres regassed on my DS, that's reasonable, there's no-one around here that does that work.🤷‍♂️
On the other hand, if I got pulled over in Cairns in a red motor Holden and tried to to tell the cops I'd driven up there for an oil change, that's ridiculous as any mechanic could do that job.
(I'm sure some morons would try that one on though.🤦‍♂️)

20230208_005817.jpg

The 30 km rule is in relation to testing after making a your OWN repairs.
You can still travel ANY distance to have someone else do repairs for you.
Note it says reasonable and justifiable. In other words, say I wanted to drive a few hundred kms to get the spheres regassed on my DS, that's reasonable, there's no-one around here that does that work.🤷‍♂️
On the other hand, if I got pulled over in Cairns in a red motor Holden and tried to to tell the cops I'd driven up there for an oil change, that's ridiculous as any mechanic could do that job.
(I'm sure some morons would try that one on though.🤦‍♂️)

View attachment 216433
That sounds like a direct slur on Holden drivers..:ROFLMAO:

Crikey - that old 3.3 L was slower than a 2.4 L Nissan of the same vintage.

Cheers

Justin

Yaay, that means I can now get to more than the one petrol station and back whilst travelling after maintenance.

I hope you guys can get the logbook system in. I can't say enough how amazing it is to be able to drive old cars when you feel like it (trust me, it'll me much LESS often than you would ever think).

Agreeing with Shane re the Victorian system and the almost as good NSW system. To have personal use days outside listed club events is brilliant.

Agreeing with Shane re the Victorian system and the almost as good NSW system. To have personal use days outside listed club events is brilliant.

I'm just loving this time of year. Everytime I leave the house of the weekend..... I see at least a dozen club permit cars out being enjoyed. It just been such an unbelievable success at getting classic cars back on the road. They mostly completely disappear over the winter months though.

Reactions: UFO
Crikey - that old 3.3 L was slower than a 2.4 L Nissan of the same vintage.

Cheers

Justin
The last of them when they injected the black 3.3L weren't a bad bit of kit (for the day), shame they didn't design it for unleaded, as they didn't make them for long.

images - 2023-02-08T114811.786.jpeg

Yaay, that means I can now get to more than the one petrol station and back whilst travelling after maintenance.
Have two sets of spark plugs and change them every Saturday and then take it for 30 km test drive. :evil:;):cheers:

Have two sets of spark plugs and change them every Saturday and then take it for 30 km test drive. :evil:;):cheers:
I adjust the choke on my vehicles before I test drive them to make sure they don't blow black smoke.😉