QLD CITROEN CLUB 2nd Wed

gilberthenry

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Just confirming when monthly meetings are on and that the CITROEN CAR CLUB OF QLD always has and always will welcome all Citroen models into it's fold. This site seems to come up fine under the following:-

Go -----Aussie frogs site-------- click links---- then click froggy links--- then click CITROEN CAR CLUB OF QLD.
Between now and the annual meeting next year the club is looking for Cit devotees to consider being part of the club committee etc and is always open to new ideas,runs, etc etc.
Thankyou, John Paas

Club Meetings:
7:30pm on the second Wednesday of the month
Upstairs at Chevron Prestige Cars
44 Abbotsford Road
Bowen Hills Q 4007
(The old site of Maxim Motors)

Please come along - check out the cars and library of Citroën magazines, improve your technical skills and just have a good time. All are welcome!

Members have access to borrow from the club's library. Book your selection with the librarian. Call and collect at monthly meeting or at other times, by arrangement.

Members, this is your site. Send your photos, tips, suggestions and stories to the webmaster

gilberthenry said:
Just confirming when monthly meetings are on and that the CITROEN CAR CLUB OF QLD always has and always will welcome all Citroen models into it's fold. This site seems to come up fine under the following:-

Go -----Aussie frogs site-------- click links---- then click froggy links--- then click CITROEN CAR CLUB OF QLD.
Between now and the annual meeting next year the club is looking for Cit devotees to consider being part of the club committee etc and is always open to new ideas,runs, etc etc.
Thankyou, John Paas

Club Meetings:
7:30pm on the second Wednesday of the month
Upstairs at Chevron Prestige Cars
44 Abbotsford Road
Bowen Hills Q 4007
(The old site of Maxim Motors)

Please come along - check out the cars and library of Citroën magazines, improve your technical skills and just have a good time. All are welcome!

Members have access to borrow from the club's library. Book your selection with the librarian. Call and collect at monthly meeting or at other times, by arrangement.

Members, this is your site. Send your photos, tips, suggestions and stories to the webmaster
Oh!!!!!!!!!!! your other thread was way more exciting than this one, what happened to all that vigour and passion

Just confirming that this Wednesday 7.30 pm is the official opening of the clubrooms of the CITROEN CAR CLUB OF QUEENSLAND.at Chevron Prestige Cars. Owners of CITROENS OLD AND NEW are welcome to join OR JUST COME ALONG to the meetings.

44 Abbotsford Road,
Bowen Hills Brisbane.

This is the old site of Maxim Motors which was run by Jim Reddiex and was responsible for bringing in many of the Citroen models which still grace our roads today.
The following are a few who were expertly taught by Jim :-

Ian Steele, who is now near Maleny was involved with the preparation runs etc of the World Cup rally to Munich in the DS 23 with Jim back in about 1974. Also Ian showed what the DS could do in some very tough rallies in the outback competing with 4WD's (driving atleast one rally with Lance). Ian, with partner Helen now run their workshop, Just Cits, and service a vast area, even going as far as Cairns, and on further, at times to Darwin .

Lance Collins who now works with "the quiet achiever", John walton, in their workshop DS Motors at Red Hill, Brisbane. I could be wrong but I think this superb mechanic, John Walton also did some years at Maxim's before doing a "stint" at Chevron Motors in Sydney.

Son, Ian Reddiex carries on the family tradition with partner, Rod Nuttall to carry the Maxim's perfection on, --- to run their business, EUROSERV, maintaining cars to the highest standard.

And often rally driver in the Tasmanian Targa and many others (with Lance) is Alec Lowe who now, with partner Ian Robinson is gracious in loaning these clubrooms, ---- as the old Maxim Motors is now under the new banner of Chevron Prestige Cars.

I'm sure I've left many out but suffice to say that this building has hydraulic fluid in it's veins and deserves the celebration of a big turnout this Wenesday evening.

John Paas.

Many thanks to Chevron Cars for the use of their (airconditioned!) premises - a very kind gesture and much appreciated by all. Thank you Ian and Alec

Last night's meeting was so well attended that there was a shortage of seating. Extra members signed up and a keen candidate has come forward as next year's editor with lots of experience with "the net".
So the club looks forward to going from strength to strength.

Just finished loading a rusted D parts car with brother Michael to go to Gympie. Hadn't s been started for a number of years as it has resided under a tree behind our place and had parts robbed off etc.
A squirt of "start ya bastard" down the carbi after hot wiring it and she rose gracefully to drive onto the trailer. ------ These cars never cease to amaze me.
John Paas.

Good luck for the future and with the new editor whoever he/she may be.

Amazing what a bit of good old $hit $tirring can do hey?

Alan S:joker:

God I don't know his name. He's the opposite of me ----- vey academic and seems to be a whizz kid on the computer, (again, unlike me). Two years ago he said he would do it if he didn't have o/s commitments so 2006 is it.
He might get the club into the 21st century (again, unlike me who's stuck in 1968).

$hit $tirring -------- who ?? me ??.

John Paas.