pug and cit 2005 wrc.

bazgti

Fellow Frogger
was it after 2005 or the 2005season which psa were going to pull out of wrc?because while watching the 1st monte carlo rally today both peugeot and citereon are in it.
peugeot have switched to pirelli tytes instead of the old time fav michelin.
what gives-BAZZ

PSA stated that after the 2005 season they would reassess their commitment to the WRC. The Cits were certainly kicking ass at Monte weren't they?

(from wrc.com)

Reigning world champion Sebastien Loeb and Citroen team boss Guy Frequelin have said that they don’t know how they can improve the Xsara WRC for next season, in what is set to be the car and team’s final season in the World Rally Championship.

Citroen and sister company Peugeot announced earlier this month that they are planning to pull out of the WRC at the end of 2005, which means that development of the Xsara’s successor, the C4, has been brought to a halt. This year the Xsara proved to be the class of the WRC field, both in terms of pace and reliability, and Loeb and Frequelin have suggested that the car has reached the peak of its development cycle.

“I don’t know what will happen next season,” Loeb said in Autosport this week. “We saw this year that the Xsara is a very strong car and we have to hope that this carries on next season when we fight against the rest. The Xsara does not have any weak areas, I’m not sure where the next development step is.”

The switch to Pirelli i think is a last ditch gamble.... As italy is now a gravel event again, the pirellis have had a slight advantage on gravel in years gone buy and are also good on wet bitumen. The 3 remaining bitumen events are germany(prone to rain) corsica(chance of rain) & Spain(good chance of rain in october)

fluffybunnyv2 said:
The switch to Pirelli i think is a last ditch gamble.... As italy is now a gravel event again, the pirellis have had a slight advantage on gravel in years gone buy and are also good on wet bitumen. The 3 remaining bitumen events are germany(prone to rain) corsica(chance of rain) & Spain(good chance of rain in october)

i wonder if this means they are cutting the long association they have always have had with michelin.although alot of peugots these days come with pirellis as standard ,mostly the sporty type[206 gti 180].but with rally they have usually stuck with michelin-BAZZ