PUG 308 (2008) - auto trannie 'locked up' !

Lofty

Tadpole
Hi guys,
02.02.23: I drained and refilled my transmission with top grade ATF, after which I tested it on the rad for a few KMs and the gear changes in both auto and 'manual' modes were as smooth as silk!
03.02.23: Ready to load the PUG and cruise to the coast ,when on start up, the brake pedal 'locked up' and the gear shift was also locked in PARK
Inserted my AL39 Code reader and the following Codes popped up: U0103 and U 0404...... bugger, end of my coastal week end!
Description: U0103: Data bus: gearshift module - no communication/System Relay - low signal.
U0404: Invalid data received from Gearshift Control Module.
Can anyone advise;
  1. if these faults can be DIY fixed with replacement parts or
  2. is this a Peugeot Agent fix?
Any help here will be so appreciated...thanks in advance!

They are lost communication bus faults. ECU attached?

TCM died or fuse blown to transmission ECU (TCM)?? check the battery condition 1st...that's weird, in saying this did you remove the battery to do the flush, did you disconnect the TCM from behind the battery and not fully lock the plugs back on? or leave the battery terminal loose? start with the obvious if car was running before

Thanks guys for your prompt assistance.
I never touched the battery ,or any electrics. However dimistyle, you alerted me to consider the battery might be 'dud'
Charged my battery over night and 12 hours later it showed 'Full' on the charger @ 12.7V
Started car up and in idle:
  • gear shift released,
  • 'bound' brake pedal released,
so it all looks back to normal!!
I don't have a 'battery load tester' so I'll probably have to replace the battery asap.
What a relief .... thanks again.
Lofty.
P.S. You guys just 'ROCK'!

Batteries that can't adequately supply ECUs give no end of trouble to these cars. In this case the bus signal used by the transmission ECU failed. My guess was you had somehow loosened it. I hope a new battery is the end of this adventure.

If you read enough of AF there's a myriad of problems fixed by a new battery.