pronunciation 504

Coincidentally... if you are interested!

The lady in the video I put up and the gentleman in the original post pronounce it (cinq cent quatre) the same as each other.
Like many languages, how it's spelt, is nothing like it sounds.🤷‍♂️
Remember we don't say "five zero four" either, we've bastardised it by saying "Oh" in the middle .🤷‍♂️
It would seem in France they call it a "five hundred four"

The lady in the video I put up and the gentleman in the original post pronounce it (cinq cent quatre) the same as each other.
Remember we don't say "five zero four" either, we've bastardised it by saying "Oh" in the middle .🤷‍♂️
That also goes with the way the French brands are pronounced in France compared to all the takes here in the land down under.

I think also that accents also change the perceived pronunciation.

The "oh" instead of "zero" or "hundred" maintains that snappy single syllable.

Trois cent six for my little 306.

I've NO idea how the 4007 etc are done.

The "oh" instead of "zero" or "hundred" maintains that snappy single syllable.

Trois cent six for my little 306.

I've NO idea how the 4007 etc are done.
We are supposed to say "four thousand seven", "three thousand eight" etc but it's a mouthful and doesn't flow nicely. Personally I prefer three double-oh eight!

Considering the chain rattle I heard in the supermarket carpark yesterday it might be trois uh-oh sept. 🫣

So it's not a Pewgot then?😉🤣
When I was a lot younger, I did some part time work for the local car auction.
(A den of thieves if ever there were one, but that's another story.)
One of the old salesmen that worked there had previously worked for the local Renault-Peugeot dealer for several years, yet he still pronounced it "Pyoo-joe."