Pre-purchase inspection in Melbourne

GTIPug

Tadpole
Tadpole
There is a car in Melbourne that "was good and now just sits unregistered" but at the same time "was driven around the block in the past year".

The price is about alright, hence I am assessing if it's worth arranging an inspection and subsequent transport to SA.

Any recommendations as to who would be best suited to do it and how much they normally charge?

The car is Citroen VTS MY05.

Similar engine to the little Pug in a larger and more comfortable body.

There is a car in Melbourne that "was good and now just sits unregistered" but at the same time "was driven around the block in the past year".

The price is about alright, hence I am assessing if it's worth arranging an inspection and subsequent transport to SA.

Any recommendations as to who would be best suited to do it and how much they normally charge?

The car is Citroen VTS MY05.
Would you have the car taken to them the inspectors for the assessment?

Ian.

I found this tucked away -
c4-vts.jpg

Would you have the car taken to them the inspectors for the assessment?

I am in SA. The rough idea is to:
  1. Pay someone like RAA to inspect the vehicle
  2. Ask mates if someone is available to drive it to SA... Or ship it (~$650 AUD)
  3. Register here / do the SA alternative of roadworthy cert.
Of course everything can fail at #1 if its condition is found to be unsatisfactory.
Which I strongly suspect to be the case given the lack of any service records apart from the oil & filter changes.

Needless to say I did not know its service history (or lack thereof) before creating this topic.

Sounds like you have made a sensible decision to pass on this questionable vehicle. Yes?