powersteering seals

kimbo

Tadpole
I need to know can i put normal type seals in my power steering rack or do i need speacil ones can n e one help

And you drive a ........... :confused:

If it's a Citroen, no doubt you'll need to order in a rebuild kit, or source some metric seals through your local bearing place. Power steering seals will be a seal for mineral oil so should be ok.

Just checked and you have a CX. George is the guy you want to speak to. In all my years of driving CX's I've never had steering in one leak. George has just re-built a rack recently, so should have some good advice.

seeya,
Shane L.

thanks i read the artice and it should help. Ian steele at malany in qld should have them i'll ring him to night thanks again

kimbo said:
thanks i read the artice and it should help. Ian steele at malany in qld should have them i'll ring him to night thanks again

Why not try Mr Wong @ Auto France in Sydney and cut out the middle man??

Alan S

:cool:
Alan S said:
Why not try Mr Wong @ Auto France in Sydney and cut out the middle man??

Alan S

Nah I get all my parts for him he knows the car as he's fixed it for me before. But thanks anyway :cool: :wink2: :) :crazy:

kimbo said:
:cool:

Nah I get all my parts for him he knows the car as he's fixed it for me before. But thanks anyway :cool: :wink2: :) :crazy:

I *always* get a couple of prices (even when dealing with someone that I trust and have used for years). I suggest getting a price from Stealey and a price from Martin Bray (after all they are only a phone call away).

I usually try Dave Cavanagh and Martin Bray depending on what I'm after. Sometimes one has a cheaper supplier than the other.

seeya,
Shane L.

kimbo said:
yeah i might do that have you got there numbers

I don't have Martin number here. Hey Alan can you post it and add it to the 'Suppliers list' sticky thread in this forum :confused:

David Cavanagh : 03 93388 191

seeya,
Shane L.

Auto France is (02) 9439 8145 or (02) 9439 3022

Fax: 9437 4875

Bray M & W

19 Grants Gully Rd Clarendon 5157
(08) 8383 6207

Mobile Service
0429 089 644

Both come well recommended for competitive prices, fast service and honest dealings, something you don't get too often these days.
I've dealt with Martin for a few years now and can never fault his service.
Yongy can get stuff halfway around the country in 24 hours and both keep a good stock of bits and know Cits inside out.

Alan S

FWIW, I had one experience when I thought I had the same problem. I had LHM everywhere and was sure it was the seals on the rack.
I took a wheel off (front drivers side from memory) and shone a decent spotlight in there and found there was a hydraulic return line above the rack that was absolutely 'issing LHM all over the area that appeared to be leaking.
It was a tight fit getting the arms inside there but I did a cut and refit and lived happily ever after and befoe you say "I can see where it's leaking from" that's exactly what I said before I took a real close look with a real bright spotlight.
Suggest you do the same as it may save you a lot of time and money.

Last edited:
i thought it might be that so i did it last weekend and yeah it is coming for the rack it's leekin for the rubber boot