Posting Pictures

Ralph

Fellow Frogger
How does one post a picture onto this forum? I've tried dragging and dropping with no success and the ubb code has got me buggered. A step by step would be handy!

Also can we use our own avatars?

Thanks,

Ralph.

Ralph,

sent you an email ;)

Cheers
Chris

Got you buggered eh?

GB seems to be helping with the picture thing.

If you want your own avatar, send the picture you want to me & I'll convert it & it will only be available to you.
That goes for anyone else too.
Have a picture of your car!

Originally posted by GreenBlood:
<strong>Ralph,

sent you an email ;)

Cheers
Chris</strong><hr></blockquote>

So send the rest of us an email so we can do it too please.

As long as the picture is on the web (somewhere) you can put it in your post.
When you get to the part of your post that you want the picture, click on the "IMAGE" button (bottom right) & type (or paste) the exact link for the picture in there.

You can just put a web page into your post as well.
Paste in straight HTML (it's enabled on the board) into the message.

Here's a nice car:
And+another.jpg

Some sites don't allow picture linking :(

I have put together a word doc that should demystify the process,

<a href="http://www.aussiefrogs.com/files/Posting_Pics_for_Dummies_2.doc" target="_blank">http://www.aussiefrogs.com/files/Posting_Pics_for_Dummies_2.doc</a>

Thanks Gibgib, it now sits in our files section.

Cheers
Chris

[ 08 February 2002: Message edited by: GreenBlood ]</p>

Hey GB,

You've done well, your instructions are very good.
Could you create word doc on "how to build your own web page"?

just joking
george :D

Or better yet GB,

Could you build it for us?

Cheers,

Ralph.

Cute guys very cute, if you knew the extent of my knowledge in this area you’d see the funny side. I hope I know more about my cars ;)

I too was frustrated by the mystery of the process but just stayed with it until I got a result, once you get beyond the jargon it’s not that difficult. I would not be the one to give advice on building a website, as six months ago the whole web thing was a total mystery to me. I’d been using it for years but actually being a part of it was rocket science.

I found, dare I say it, Microsoft Front Page to be very friendly; basically what you see is what you get ‘WYSIWYG’ you don’t need to be able to write in code, if you do wish to build a site there are a bunch of templates or themes you can use. At the push of a button (or two) you are publishing to the WWW.

Your Internet Service Provider will as part of your access provide you with webspace (host your site), the amount of space varies from one provider to another but would certainly be enough to hold a swag of pics. You should be able to sign up via your ISP and establish an address to which you can publish your images. It should be noted that you don’t need a website as such, just an address to which you can publish. There are also many sites, which will host for you at no cost, these will generally pick up dollars via sponsors banners.

We have several members who are well skilled in this area. So don’t get bogged down, help is at hand.

Cheers
Chris

I used yahoo/geocities pagebuilder to build my website. It's childsplay to use and you don't need to pay anything for it, just go to:

<a href="http://geocities.yahoo.com/v/pb.html" target="_blank">http://geocities.yahoo.com/v/pb.html</a>

Regards,
Dave

I hate to say it, but please dont use Front Page for Web Publishing. M$ has an awful habit of 'adding' to the normal standards. The effect of this is that people using browsers that stick to the standard often miss something. (To put it simply)
The trouble with M$ is that their additions are often not documented, and often unnecessary, in fact sometimes it just seems they do it to make it V hard for the open source community.
Regards Doug
PS there are web site building sites that do a better job than F/P anyway, & you dont have to buy the programme!