Pinging

Why spoil a basically well balanced car with a turbo. Putting an 18T in a 12 would give lots of torquesteer. All a stock (1289cc)Renault 12 needs to make it better is a 12G/17G five speed and the 12G/17G 5.5 inch wheel rims, also a slightly thicker rear roll bar helps.

As an added bonus over the Pug 306 you get heaps of room around the pedals too!

Simon

Simon,
I know Renault 12's are alot more interesting to talk about then Peugeots but I think were on the wrong forum and the natives might get restless.
David.

yeah clear off, comparing a Renault to a 306, bah
why i oughtta...
smile.gif

you have been warned, we are the superior race
rolleyes.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by James:
yes lets !!

Citroen WRC looks WICKED !! Howz the new 1600 class. The 206 has 170 odd kW !!!!

Now you've done it - - got me all excited;
Have a look at the report on the Catalunya Rally. Makes the Souparoos & Mixashity's look sad.
http://www.worldrally.net/

Alan S

WRC mmmmmmm ok, you do realise Renault have been there done that,
WRC, Paris Dakar, LeMans, Formula One, Brittish touring cars, yawn, winning becomes so boring. Renault even one the Oz rally championship and still hold the lap record at Bathurst for the 2 litres.

yes David i think we all realise that but you had to make sure we knew didnt you
smile.gif

what about Pikes Peak then?

And of course not forgetting a few years ago when a BX 16 valve driven by Peter Williamson was passing the factory Supra driven by the late Geg Hansford going UP Mt Panorama at the Easter 12 Hour Production car race. Had the pit crew from Toyota reading books - "DIY Hari Kari" from memeory.
tongue.gif

Alan S (BX 16V driver)

How could anyone forget Bathurst 12hour that year with BX dominating there class, I remember the BX and 405 both making the Pulsar SSS look like the Jap crap it is, I still have the posters hanging up at work and of all the rally videos I have the one that gets played the most is Pikes Peake, besides being about Peugeot it is also the best motor sport video ever produced, so you see I'm not
totally one-eyed Renault, I just happen to believe the French build the 3 best cars in the world and buggered if I can tell which one is better, I think it just comes down to what we have flowing through our veins.

David.

I think it is easy to make a decision when you discover that in the Citroen WRC Rally team one of their drivers is named Jesus.
Is it THE Jesus??
rolleyes.gif

Is it really, I didn't know that, I once knew someone named Jesus, he looked like him too, he could tell some stories about the trouble his name got him into.