Peugeots in strange places.

GBW

Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
1670274537530.png

Once an outer suburb of Sydney. It doesn't look like that now! There are now four rail tracks as well. The bridge (King Georges Road) has been widened over the car's location..

My father knew it as Dumbleton, nicknamed Tumbletown. Somebody thought the new name was more glamorous. A couple of stops down the line Herne Bay became Riverwood.

Last edited:
Some peeps should be banned from using Photoshop!!!

Ahh, OK. The trajectory looked all wrong cropped.

You know I don't recall motor vehicles coming onto the platforms in Victoria. It must have happened but I never saw it. Police cars, ambulances, hearses always seemed to stay off the platform. Does anyone know the story here? The front of the 203 looks damaged.

thought the same - like an accident or crime scene photo with out the arrows & dotted lines; official inspectors in the left foreground and a mess on the edge of the platform ... maybe it fell off a freight train?

I think it probably came off the bridge. The main brick wall looks intact, but at the ends are light fencing. If it did it is in good shape.

There were no goods trains on the East Hills line. It became a single track from Riverwood two stops away (called Herne Bay until 1957) and then dead ended.. In those days it had an hourly electric passenger service outside peaks. The city terminus was St James.

A few years ago the line was duplicated to four tracks which were extended to the Main South line. The platform shown is now under the replacement wider road bridge.

Last edited:
Now did they say 82 kph or 86 kph for this jump?

sema-rallycross-crash-1351601168.jpg
download (2).jpeg

Mmm, now I've time to think about it I think it was 86 kph.🤔

download (3).jpeg