Peugeot Wreckers Phone Numbers

Janek said:
the number for p504 in sydney has changed- they moved to waitara

new number is 02 9476 6066
5 James St Waitara

What has a happened to the old place in Forestville? Is it still flying the tricolor? That had been a Peugeot repair place since I was a kid (well, a teenager) in the 60's - McPhee's , then Seymours, then p504!

Cheers

Rod

Peugeot spares

I know the French Car Care in Brissie and the RenoReck in Wyong well. Both gave good service but French Car Care are outstanding and know their stuff. Nothing against Reno Reck, but haven't had to use them as much. :adrink:

Peugeot p 504 sydney 94524559Just wanted to say these guys are brilliant, the service is a++ and I was stuck in a very bas situation after vandals smashed all of my windows and they helped me with everything, and I also must add these guys are the best priced around Sydney so if you are ever looking for parts my reccomendation is to start with these guys~!!!!!!!
Peugeot p 504 sydney 94524559

306 LH (Temperature Guage) mirror

Thanks for the info regarding the pug parts. Are you aware of any further south of Sydney (Jervis Bay-NSW).

My LH mirror on my 306XT was broken (someone had hit it and somehow pulled the bolts from the pig-metal bracket that was holding the mirror to the car). The mirror is otherwise undamaged, however, has been held to the car by black electrical tape (hard to spot from a distance) for quite some time.

Everything, ie the mirror movement and the temperature guage, except the physical movement of the mirror cowling (because of the afore mentioned tape) is functioning, hence I am not too terribly keen to pay the $300 plus to purchase a new one.

Advice on either; a cheap fix, or a cheap replacement would be appreciated.

Cheers, :cheers:

Revz

306XT
406HDI
GSXR1100J

Don't forget DAPCO (029534 5388) at Peakhurst in NSW. Nothing more fun then being able to pick up what you need from the distributor rather than the dealer and not pay the middleman.

They stock most of the Valeo OEM for everything and alot more, I regularly stock up there for my 205.

As an FYI cash or credit only kids, no EFTPOS.

more info

Rod Hagen said:
What has a happened to the old place in Forestville? Is it still flying the tricolor? That had been a Peugeot repair place since I was a kid (well, a teenager) in the 60's - McPhee's , then Seymours, then p504!

Cheers

Rod

One of the mechanics that worked for P504 started operating his new business out of that premises. His business is called Frenchteck. I'm not exactly sure the spelling of but you get the drift. His name is Peter, a Polish fellow that is quite a good mechanic

Maybe we could also add those we should not deal with !

SANAD INTERNATIONAL (Altona, Victoria)- Sole Trader Waseam Sanad who represents himself as a private individual "Warren" a Peugot restorer to gain financial advantage.

(ref Victorian Civil Administrative Tribunal judgement 01/09/2005 C585/2005 by Senior Member Coldbeck)

Sanad vs Colley (counter claim for fraudulent representation Colley vs Sanad heard concurrently)

· On December 9th 2004 the Trading Post published the defendants offer of a vehicle (peugot 504 familiale) for sale at $1200. Having previously offered for $750 to a Peugot enthusiast on Froggy Forum.

· An offer of $1200 was made at 11:00 am that day by an individual ‘Wayne’ who advised that he would collect the vehicle at 6:30pm.
· Another private individual, Warren, was contacted at 3:20pm and was informed the vehicle had been sold. He made several other phone calls leaving messages on both home and mobile message bank. These were returned at 4:50pm at which time he made a counter offer of $1300 to outbid the prior offer of $1200.

· After this offer was accepted and the other party notified of a higher offer he retracted the offer and reduced it to $1000. As he had represented himself as a Peugeot enthusiast wanting to restore the car for private use defendant advised would accept $1100 if he paid and collected it that evening.

· Warren (surname and address undisclosed) failed to fulfil this agreement and paid only a deposit of $500 cash which was receipted. He promised to collect the vehicle that weekend. He also engaged defendant in conversation (as a Peugot enthusiast) and elicited the fact that they would be away over Xmas. Defendant has a double driveway and access to collect the vehicle would be very simple. (draw your own conclusion - the VCAT Member did )

- Mr Sanad claimed and produced a Stat Dec from another party that he paid the remaining $600 and that he came the next day ("or was it the following, I can't clearly recall but yes it was the 10th I'm certain") in the mid-morning (Dec 10th) and paid the remaining $600 to Mrs Colley. There was no receipt and he did not collect the vehicle. The Senior member found this assertion without credibility and the Stat Dec worthless as it contained no detail. Mrs Colley disputed this assertion when later under oath she was asked if she had any further information which may be relevant. She advised that as an employee of the Victorian Education Dept since 1976 and as senior teacher at a secondary girls college as at Dec 2004 she had 27 witnesses that she was at the front of a classroom at the time specified and 72 members of staff could verify that she joined them for Xmas drinks soon after. The Senior Member accepted this assertion as substantiative despite the absence of the said 97 witnesses.

· He failed to collect the vehicle on both that weekend and the subsequent weekend despite requests to do so.

· He also failed to collect the vehicle on Dec 21st as he promised and failed to respond to a call on Dec 22nd to collect the vehicle prior to Dec 24th.

· The vehicle was sold with his full knowledge on Dec23rd after a 13 minute phone call to provide a final opportunity.

· On December 24th "Warren" made the threat that he would fraudulently obtain monies to which he was not entitled.

· On December 24th Warren made the threat that he would secure witnesses including tow truck drivers who would fraudulently back his claims. (He did produce a Stat Dec at the VCAT tribunal but it was rejected as worthless)

· On December 24th Warren made a threatening phone call to my 14 y.o. son.

· Having made numerous unsuccessful attempts to obtain Warren’s full name and address to refund his deposit thus ending the matter and to mitigate his unconscionable and potentially criminal behaviour I made a further attempt via Senior Constable Dutton at the Box Hill police station at approx 3:30 pm on December 24th 2004.

· He again declined to provide his full name and address and repeated his fraudulent representation to Snr Constable Dutton. He advised he was putting a letter in the mail at that time. He was cautioned by Snr Constable Dutton not to take this beyond a Civil matter.

· My family delayed our departure to spend Christmas in Sydney with my parents and siblings as a result.

· By registered mail received on Dec 29th Sanad International fraudulently claimed that a payment of $1100 was made. There is no legitimate documentation to support this. This was also the first contact I had with Sanad International.

· I was totally outraged when that this party, Sanad International, a second hand car parts dealer had sent a letter of demand for an amount unrelated to the cash deposit made by Warren; claiming $1100 was owed and seeking $500 damages.

· As the receipt was issued to ‘Warren’ I could not respond to Sanad International’s demands but only request via them that ‘Warren’ confirm his identity.

· Neither Warren nor Sanad International responded to our offer to return the deposit and have followed through with threats of fraudulent misrepresentation in an attempt to gain financial advantage.

Warren misrepresented himself as a Peugeot enthusiast in order to gain financial advantage in the sale price of the vehicle.

Warren made false claims and repeated them to a member of the Victorian Police Force.

Warren made threats to myself and family members and otherwise made acts which may be considered outrageous but on which VCAT has no authority to award damages.

Sanad International made fraudulent claims to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal for financial gain and therefore their claim is dismissed.

As the Tribunal cannot award damages except where damages related to "Apprehended Violence" is associated the counter claim is also dismissed.

The Senior Member found that Mr Sanad was in breach of the contract as of 17th of December and Mr & Mrs Colley did not act in any haste to persue breach but the original deposit was forfeit as of that date not the ultimate sale date of Dec23rd.

Hey everyone,
I'm a new member here and I'm loving it already!
I live near Horsham in North Western Victoria and am looking for spare parts for a 1981 504. I need an AC unit, door seals, heating core and a steering wheel.
Does anyone know where I can get these for a reasonable price somwhere nearby. The nearest place I've heard of is in Ballarat.
Cheers, keep up the good work! :party:

FYI - P504 have moved and have a new phone number - 9476 6066

I'm dealing with them for the first time today - seem pretty good so-far.

Sydney Sources

Re Dapco-agree re OEM Valeo etc-these codgers are even older than I am, & have had some "oldtimers" delays in moving from steam age(my kind) to EFTPOS. Have now succeeded.Still a good-well- terrific source of extremely reasonably priced parts for 504's/505's. Phone em & they'll send you a list of stock items carried. Best hurry-time n tide waits not for mortals. Agree re P504- very helpful but often not available weekends as running cattle property somewhere out in the Mulga. Cheers LB

yet another source of french parts

Hi There, I thought I'd pass on Barry Stennett's address and Phone number as he has a huge stack of parts and french car bodies in Toowoomba... he hasn't discovered the Net as yet but I am trying to convince him to join us... Herewith his Phone etc...
07 46301699 and he is in Drayton in Toowoomba... If you're looking for it, He's got it... Yours Seamus Duffy:wink2:

I'm amazed no one has mentioned Caravelle Imports so far.
These guys do mail order to anywhere and have a great range of stuff for Renault and Peugeot.
I have dealt with them for years with 504, 505 and 406, as well as a Renault 20TS that I had briefly.
They are often by far the cheapest in Australia and are pretty quick to post. They will help with advice as well.
03 98909061

Can this sticky be updated 'post crash', please?

I know that Portapug is no longer.
I am fairly certain that PeugParts at Mornington is no longer, too.

Cheers,
Andrew

Parts supplier udate

Could the moderator or who ever please remove Euromotive from the parts supplier list for secondhand or indeed any parts.
I'm a repairer and only stock consumables such as oil filters, spark plugs etc.
currently I get about 2 calls a day from people chasing parts and I help them re referring to the appropriate source depending on what they want.
However it is becomming very intrusive and a waste of everyones time.
On a positive note it's nice to know people are indeed the great resources of Aussie Frogs.

Mark Dyson
Proprietor Euromotive Mechanical Services.

Peugeot 505 second-hand cylinder head

:nownow: I recently purchased, for $770, a second-hand 'serviced' 505 cylinder head. It had been surface ground, crack tested and partly decarbonised, and the valves had been vacuum tested (apparently) but not refaced or seats ground etc. Some of the stem seals were broken. BEWARE - 'serviced' does not mean 'reconditioned'.

Last edited by a moderator:
How come david at french connection was never mentioned?

He sponsers the forum and owns peugeowreck in east keilor who was also mentioned.

His number is 03 9338 8191

Portapug sydney 95561500 no longer

Hi all,

I tried to ring Portapug Sydney 95561500, and it is some other business, they didn't know whether Portapug has closed or moved, but its definitely not this number any more in any case, so we should probably remove the number from the list so that we don't all hassle them!

Thanks
Jon

Peugeo Wrecking Keilor East has new number (03) 93388191

Hi,

[FONT=&quot]Peugeo Wrecking Keilor East is no longer on the number listed, their new number is (03) 93388191.

Cheers
Jon
[/FONT]