Peugeot Utility

I'm being distinctly argumentative today, just before I head to Europe for a holiday. I don't know whether you are aware but Groupe Renault has a distinctly cosy relationship with with Mercedes Benz, to the point of sharing engines, platforms and design. Your remarks trying to discredit MB for it's use of cost sharing (about which their shareholders are in raptures) are totally unwarranted as they still do their own engineering before anything goes into production.

Which is why they shouldn't pass off brass as gold to their customers. No European importer has more shameless rip offs of snobby customers than MB. Worse than JRA. Getting back to 4WD's, the Peugeot approach of road design of a supple long travel suspension that kept the wheels in contact with the road surface enabled their rear wheel drives to perform very well on poor surfaces. Ground clearance was a given, body lean no tragedy. Compare that to the crude approach of some 4WD makers of short travel suspension that provides a poor outcome and poor roadability in difficult conditions. On a particularly difficult stretch my 504 rode so much better than the Land Rover and had the advantage of road contact at all times. So when it comes to 4WD design, those old well proven design principles should result in clever and capable designs. Not rehashed Japanese work vehicles which are much better nowadays but not ideal.

Russell, to be fair a dray rides as well as or better than a Landy, particularly an 80" Buckjumper, however unlike current Japanese 4x4 utes both Landies and Drays have superior wheel articulation and greater off road ability. I've done a fair bit of high country work in a Buckjumper and it went anywhere we wanted it to......

Now don't use your computer on the airplane or you'll be put off. If you are flying Malaysian make sure you log in to us every hour, can't be too careful and it might help in the search.

Enjoy your holiday, good for the soul let us all know about your travels

I'm being distinctly argumentative today, just before I head to Europe for a holiday. I don't know whether you are aware but Groupe Renault has a distinctly cosy relationship with Mercedes Benz, to the point of sharing engines, platforms and design. Your remarks trying to discredit MB for it's use of cost sharing (about which their shareholders are in raptures) are totally unwarranted as they still do their own engineering before anything goes into production.

Have a nice trip, and make sure that you take notes of how the Tesla 3 hire/rental car performs (you did of course rent an electric car ???) or perhaps a Renault electric, that would be even better...Keep Brussels environmentally happy..:D

Keep in touch :wink2:

Ken:)