Peugeot TCR cars to be built in Australia for 2024.

Fordman

VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
I think this is pretty big news really.
Announced at the first round of the 2023 Speed Series today at Symmons Plains, Tas.
Garry Rogers Motorsport (GRM) based in Dandenong Vic, have been selected to build the world wide supply of the next Peugeot 308 TCR racing cars.
As you may know, TCR does not let manufacturers build the cars, but all the cars in each make is built by the same constructor, then tested and rated for Balance of Performance (BOP), from there all the cars racing will come from that constructor. For a local company to be engaged is good news.

Garry & Barry are savvy businessmen and have a great engineering team in Dandenong.
They had previously been making changes to the Meganes and sending them on to Vikovic Racing in Switzerland for homologation as well.

I don’t understand this arcane stuff but
Gordon R Miiller would be tickled by a photo opp if his car is still on his plates

When I went over for the 2019 Sandown Shannon's Nationals, mainly to see the TCRs racing, I met them at the track and asked if I could visit their premises on the following Monday, to which they obliged.
Barry took me for a quick tour of the workshops so I could see some of the behind-the-scenes stuff. I see it as a hands-on place with some clever engineers and technicians. This was when they had just finished building the first 12 (about) S5000s and I had a good insight into what they were making in-house.
Quite a good little front office/showroom with some of Garry's previous racing memorabilia, plus a viewing window into the main workshop.
Not huge, but an eye-opener for me. They have a lot of experience building successful racing cars so I hope they do well with the Peugeot TCR.

I don’t understand this arcane stuff but
Gordon R Miiller would be tickled by a photo opp if his car is still on his plates
Arcane - "known or knowable only to a few people : secret" - Meriam Webster.
Hmm, I don't know who Gordon R Miller is, nor whose car is on whose plates.
Can you enlighten me? 🤔🤔
Thanks, there has to be a story behind this. 🙂

Forgive me - this:
cdu3k87512e3mtcd8wxr3v2g5.jpg

was once famous ( more likely known only to a few ) as GRM 203 but obviously that has changed so forget it

Gordon Miller, long time member of PCCV had a number or cars and I believe all started with GRM***.
Whilst he was old school he mightn’t mind synergy with GRM’s involvement and soon to be manufacturer of the next gen Peugeot TCR race cars.

Reactions: COL