From an email CCNSW President, Bruce Elsegood sent last night (CCCNSW is this year's host)
The Corona virus scare is now in full swing. After much consultation with the New South Wales Cit-in Committee, and with a heavy heart it has been decided that Cit-in cannot be held in the current turbulent conditions.
By and large the decision has been taken out of my hands. With the Prime Minister, Scott Morrison banning indoor meetings of over 100 people, and the “social distancing” of 1.5 meters between people, outdoors, the event must be re considered.
At the Presidents meeting, last year at Katanning, the question was “Can Cit-in be moved” I am sure the resounding answer for 2020 must be YES. The final straw was when our major sponsor, Shannons, has put a moratorium on events for 6 months from March 18[SUP]th[/SUP].
And finally the good news, Cit-in 2020 will go ahead on Friday September 25[SUP]th[/SUP], Saturday 26[SUP]th[/SUP], Sunday 27[SUP]th[/SUP] and concluding on Monday September 28[SUP]th[/SUP]. A week after our sponsor’s moratorium has been lifted.
I urge all Cit-In participants to put their enthusiasm on hold for 6 months, come to Cowra as planned, only this time it is in September.
I hope to see you at the now bigger and better Cit-In at Cowra.
As far as I understand, the Cowra Cit-in has been postponed until Easter 2022 and the 2021 Cit-in is planned to take place at Easter time in Bendigo. There may be a small group of people visiting Cowra in September 2020 to take advantage of accommodation that was booked for Cit-in 2020 but for which they have been unable to get refunds.
Let's all hope there is a vaccine available for Covid 19 before Easter 2021.