Peugeot 505 Build Dates

cootafrog

Fellow Frogger
Hi All. I'm not trying to "beat the system", but equally not wanting to complicate my life any more than I can help! I have a First Registered 1992 Peugeot 505 Familiale Auto. It is currently unregistered and sitting in the shed, perhaps until it gets old enough to go straight onto Historic Registration (NSW - 30 years). But the rules say "or identical run on", and I'm wondering what the detail differences were between the 1990 and 1992 Vehicles? And if there aren't any at all, then I'll probably discuss the matter with my Club Registrar and see what his views are. Looking for some honest comment, please. Paul

hi paul
to make things clear you will have also a plate of the year was build and it will be earlier than the compliance plate.could be a year difference
so have a look around in the engine bay it will be there .that is the year the register of the club will go by. between 1988 to 1993
there were not many changes in the wagons ,more cosmetic ones.
dont forget you have to be a club member to be able to get historic plates
good luck ron

Thanks, Ron.
OK, so finally got round to checking the Froggy Plate - it is Nov '91. So, if there were no changes from '90 to '91, then it is acceptable to RMS in 2000. (And yes, I do know that I have to be a Club Member - have 8 cars on H plates already!) So, I'm still having trouble finding the differences over that year. Haynes books useless. Perhaps Factory Manual would reveal all, if anybody has one?
Regards, Paul.