Peugeot 504 Sedan - Door Weather Seal Chrome Trim

johnts

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hello all,
Peugeot 504 Sedan, 1972 automatic, carburettor.
I need to replace the chrome weather seal trim on all doors as the rubber seal is cracked.
But I'm having trouble identifying the part number, let alone finding a supplier.

Looking at 504.org and then seaching the web, I'm finding different part numbers.

One supplier site identifies:
avant - front doors
930923 left enjoliveur joint, qty 1
931023 right enjoliveur joint, qty 1
931302 AGRAFE plastique, qty 10
arriere - rear doors
931118 left enjoliveur joint, qty 1
931214 right enjoliveur joint, qty 1
931302 AGRAFE plastique, qty 10.

But these are not the PN I see on 504.org in the parts catalog of the Technical Info section.

I'd like to know what to ask for and who to ask.
Any assistance greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

There was a thread on here about them. (or perhaps a few posts on another thread ?) One of our members in QLD with a 1972 model replaced his. You have to be careful you don't bend the chrome trim when sliding in the rubber.
Someone with more info will be along here shortly.

I need a set for my LTi , please update this thread with your results so I can order the correct parts.

Search back under my name. There was a group buy a few years ago for the weather strip. A 20 metre roll was purchased and divided up. I think Seri04 has it. Take your time removing the old rubber. It won't simply pull out as the old rubber goes hard and is set inside the chrome strip. The new rubber took some work with gentle heat to make it sit correctly against the glass forming a seal.

Attachments

• Rear door weather strip removal.jpg
    Rear door weather strip removal.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 79
  • Plastic clip.jpg
    Plastic clip.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 72
  • Clip on door.jpg
    Clip on door.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 73
  • chrome strip finished.JPG
    chrome strip finished.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1341.JPG
    IMG_1341.JPG
    322.1 KB · Views: 78
Thank you all, thanks Pug72, Demannu. Thanks for pointing me to serie04. I've contacted serie04 regarding the correct PN for the sedan/berline.

Well, lots of silence from serie04. Any advise on how I can restore the rubber weather strip on the doors windows, I'd really appreciate it, thank you.

3D Printing might be an option. There are cheap 3d printers that can print unlimited length parts (available at Jaycar). There is rubber filament available now too but I have not yet tried it.

One would think that with all the 504s still in Egypt, new parts wold be available somewhere. Perhaps our man in Athens might know of a source ? What is his name again ? It's on the tip of my tongue, but I'm getting old..... :rolleyes:

I have been looking at this for a familiale and the strip 'seems' to be part with 9334 as start of code. There is another French site who specifically do seals, I'll try and dig it up from whereever its buried. Not cheap but looked the goods from memory.

found it before edit expiry timer! Window lickers!! 😂

Last edited:
Getting the old rubber out the chrome is near impossible without butchering it (as the rubber goes hard with age). I know when I was looking around, there were a few local suppliers with a product that was close. Scotts auto rubber has a few profiles that may work with some tweaking (trimming/use of a heat gun) and definitely worth a try.