Peugeot 504 coupe production date from chassis number

ThanosK

Fellow Frogger
Does anyone have a way of establishing the production date based on the chassis number, in this case 504C121786272?
Cheers
Thanos

Does anyone have a way of establishing the production date based on the chassis number, in this case 504C121786272?
Cheers
Thanos
Hi Thanos, don't know if will help you narrow it down but Scott's is 504C12 1612024 - it is a 1973 ti (LHD EU delivery).

Cheers

Jim

Thank you Alex and Jim. I know it is a 74, I just need some official proof of production date for DMV registration. Jim, I didn't know Scott got a coupe, photos please :)

Write to L'Aventure Peugeot (you have to be a member) with proof of ownership and a photo of the VIN and they'll tell you to the day.

Thank you Alex and Jim. I know it is a 74, I just need some official proof of production date for DMV registration. Jim, I didn't know Scott got a coupe, photos please :)
Hi Thanos, Yeah Scott grabbed a coupe a few years ago, must have been corrupted by driving yours!! A long term project. It could now be registered in standard form but he's collecting the bits to convert to a V6 later (he has a 3 litre engine, flywheel and BA10/5 already). I'll get him to post some pics. Cheers Jim

Thank you, Mike. I did on two occasions, and I am a member but got no reply. Did you write to them in French? :)
Yes, but I do find that odd to say the least. This is a service they claim to offer to members....but I've not done it for years so maybe there is now a fee in relation to the service that wasn't paid? Failing that, try Amicale Peugeot 504 and I'm sure they'd help.

Hi Thanos, Yeah Scott grabbed a coupe a few years ago, must have been corrupted by driving yours!! A long term project. It could now be registered in standard form but he's collecting the bits to convert to a V6 later (he has a 3 litre engine, flywheel and BA10/5 already). I'll get him to post some pics. Cheers Jim
I but a ba10/5 in my 73 cab and had to grind a bit off the inside of the gear box housing to get it to mate up with the torque tube

I but a ba10/5 in my 73 cab and had to grind a bit off the inside of the gear box housing to get it to mate up with the torque tube
Your supposed to run a ba10 torque tube, otherwise the housing will crack and or leak oil, ba7/5 much nicer box than the ba10, hopefully you don't have a problem.

Your supposed to run a ba10 torque tube, otherwise the housing will crack and or leak oil, ba7/5 much nicer box than the ba10, hopefully you don't have a problem.
We have put on some very hard miles without a BA10 torque tube without a problem. Two ways you can do it: We machine the tail of the BA10 gearbox to match the longer lip of the BA7/4 torque tube; or machine the BA7/4 toque tube to match the tail of the BA10/5 gearbox. I will have to disagree with you on the BA7/5, it's a truly shitty box. All three of ours failed in quick order (broken gears) in rally use with 150 bhp engines. Not that the BA10/5 is much better, it just eats synchros instead of gears and the failures are not terminal. The four speeds are fine, both the BA7 and the BA10. But the BA7/5 will not fit Scott's engine anyway as it is a V6.

Oh yes ba 7 5 are not for horse power, I blew them up in a 504 with a Doverin.
My ba10/5 holds nicely in my v6t 505 and that's about 200hp atw, for cruising purposes ba7 5 much nicer not for hp.
Was referring to julian with the cab

Dads 504 v8 has a 4spd ba7 that's 140kw atw roughly but have to nurse the box,