Peugeot 405 Factory Parts Suppliers

Sportscar Nut

Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi, I am new to Pug ownership but have taken over my deceased father's 405 SRi. He purchased new from Regans and has always been garaged and never had a hit.

Does anyone know decent suppliers of factory parts in Aust for 405's? The car is factory standard and I would like to maintain it using only genuine Pug parts.

Appreciate any tips or suggestions.

Thanks
Paul

Hi, I am new to Pug ownership but have taken over my deceased father's 405 SRi. He purchased new from Regans and has always been garaged and never had a hit.

Does anyone know decent suppliers of factory parts in Aust for 405's? The car is factory standard and I would like to maintain it using only genuine Pug parts.

Appreciate any tips or suggestions.

Thanks
Paul
Hi Paul
I have many genuine parts for a '93 405 SRDT all brand new. Purchased from Regans over the years
Too many to list.
My phone # is 0448519552
You can always give me a ring to see if I have what you may want
Cheers
Wint

You'll have Buckley's chance of getting genuine there nearly or are 30years old,(unless some one has a stash)
I suggest European Auto Imports, they have alot of bits all depends what your after exactly
Or frequently ebay searching over seas good stuff can comeup if you can read more than 1 language

Cheers BP

I agree. many of the parts EAI supply are made by the manufacturers of the original product. Only the brand name on the box changes. Few service parts are made by Peugeot directly, not even major items like pistons or bearings, let alone filters or electrics.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your feedback. Agree NOS parts for older cars are hard to find but I enjoy the challenge. I am just finishing a rebuild of an Alfa 105 coupe that is 100% Alfa NOS parts and the car is 53 years old now (but did take me 12 years to find the parts).

I will give you a call Wint.

Cheers
Paul

The Peugeot 405 was produced in large numbers in a modified form by Iran Khodro until 2019. It is still produced in Azerbaijan with a different front and called the Peugeot Khazar 406 (but it's really a 405). I don't know how far the cars departed from the original but new parts for these 405's would be plentiful. Alas trade with Iran is restricted if not prohibited.

I don't think the Khazar will have much to offer an SRI. The engines are different (1.8L), all auto,
khazar.png
and there are body tweaks and interior changes.

Alfa 105, now thats what you should be posting!! luckily the Italians borrow parts from all the stables to make their vehicles .

Well done

The Iranian 405 was much closer to the original body. The Peugeot Iranian operation was the heir to the Hillman Hunter contract Chrysler had in the days of the Shah. There was even an odd merger of the two models. But note the proper ground clearance and tucked up nose of the Iranian car. Would have been useful in Australia.
Since the Americans imposed "sanctions" on the Iranians in 2017 Peugeot pulled out but may return soon. Iran is a major automotive producer with a market larger than Australia.

Attachments

• Iran 405.jpg
    Iran 405.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 104
try Cullens of Nambour QLD .family business for generations ,i have always ordered genuine parts from them .the parts guys know what they are talking about .0754419000

Can't believe the Iranians added their own design flair to Pinafarina's original design.

Thanks for the Cullens number - appreciated.

Iran 405’s are rear wheel drive, live axle. Very different car.

There was an odd rear drive version based on the Hunter but the Khodro Peugeot has front wheel drive and a 1.8 litre motor. Peugeot was supplying engine/transmissions complete for very little money at one stage but from 2014 98% local content was claimed. Iran has a large and developed auto industry. The Azeri 406 has input from both Iran and Turkey. Since 2017 Peugeot has had no income from the Iranian cars sold.

It depends what you are looking for regarding genuine. Service items- a reasonable chance some items are still available. Interior/body- little to no chance.

10 or so years ago when I still had a 405/205 I would religiously trawl Ebay.fr, Ebay.de, ebay.uk, pt.ebay, leboncoin etc for genuine items. This was back when postage was reasonable and 405 items were still in reasonable supply vs 205, due to its lessor popularity.

ole-7587y5/1272578079?utm_source=com.samsung.android.messaging&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=android_VIP_sticky

The Iranian 405 was much closer to the original body. The Peugeot Iranian operation was the heir to the Hillman Hunter contract Chrysler had in the days of the Shah. There was even an odd merger of the two models. But note the proper ground clearance and tucked up nose of the Iranian car. Would have been useful in Australia.
Since the Americans imposed "sanctions" on the Iranians in 2017 Peugeot pulled out but may return soon. Iran is a major automotive producer with a market larger than Australia.
Stance of the car in the photo is the same as an Australian market 405 SRi, you must be thinking of the Mi16.

ole-7587y5/1272578079?utm_source=com.samsung.android.messaging&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=android_VIP_sticky
Oops didn't copy. On GT

Peugeot 405 Centre Console - 7587Y5,

Stance of the car in the photo is the same as an Australian market 405 SRi, you must be thinking of the Mi16.
Didn't take that much notice but there were three in local country service and their owners all complained about ground clearance. The diesel took its sump out on a C class bitumen road which was impressive. The terror of low nose clearance cars is the ubiquitous table drain.

You can also get parts through the Peugeot museum.