Peugeot 308 HDi T7 - Engine light

natumbri

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
Hello!

I've got an engine light on on my 308 wagon. Test results attached - any suggestions for what next?

Low power when driving at the moment, and a little bit of a shudder when turning off the ignition. Recently had the starter motor replaced.

Cheers
Nik

Attachments

• PEUGEOT-AutoScan-20240217-100426.pdf
    58.9 KB · Views: 60
There is not much information on that report. It just says you have 10 EMU fault codes. You need the actual codes to have at least some ideas. What did they tell you?

An RHH 2.0 hdi.

The first group , if these are not historic,
P0487
P0488
P1499
P11AB
P2141

all relate to the doseur and EGR. The doseur valve is too far closed. I'd solve this group before looking at the turbo.

Look at the doseur valve plastic drive from the vacuum diaphragm - it can disconnect, and also look at the rubber vacuum hose itself. It gets oil in it and perishes, and then drops off - therefore no vacuum valve response.

The solution for this last problem, if you have it, is a non-rubber extension of the tube. I used a brass fitting on my engine.

Thanks Seasink - sounds like a good place to start!

Cheers
Nik

Hi - is there something (a hose?) missing in the attached photo?

Cheers
Nik
IMG_20240217_175716594-min (1)-min.jpg

This is a Google translation of a French document. This engine is used in the C5, as well as in your car.

p2141.png

Ok, so ignore my post above - as I understand it, it is configured to operate in 'single' mode, and that bit is designed to be left unconnected.

I've found the plastic drive - it seems to be connected. It moves to the end of its travel and looks like it is threatening to fall off ('trip'). But it is still connected.

IMG_20240217_183528108~2-min.jpg

Feels like it could pop off at any moment, but maybe it's supposed to be like that.

Also found the vacuum hose at the bottom. Had plenty of oil in it. And was a pretty loose fit.
IMG_20240217_183820158~2.jpg

Is that the bit that should be replaced with brass?

Cheers
Nik

It doesn't look oil perished on the outside, but has to be vacuum tight. Does it stay connected?

It doesn't look oil perished on the outside, but has to be vacuum tight. Does it stay connected?
Seems to stay on, but requires zero effort to push on. Not at all tight. Feels like it could slide out if the angle was different, but stays put with the angle it currently has.

I reset the error code after unplugging and replugging everything around the doseur, and disconnecting and reconnecting the plastic drive, and it hasn't come back.

Will keep an eye on it, but looks like problem solved, or at least narrowed right down, very quickly! Thanks for the guidance!