Peugeot 206c

Redlion

Tadpole
Hi

I’m wondering if you could please let me know how much you think I could sell my awesome little car for. 70,000kms. Red with the laminate coming off, some places to the bone. Panoramic roof. Manual. Inside like brand new. I’m second owner, bought at 6000km.

Also do you know where I could get it repainted, same colour, to fix the cosmetic look. And the estimated cost.

It doesn’t have all the mod cons of gps, hands free, Apple car play etc, do you know who in Perth could install without ruining the interior look? And how much it would cost?

Appreciate your input and advice.

Thanks!

Hi

Really hard to tell you what your car could be worth without a bit more information. What year? What engine? Manual or Auto?

redbook.com.au can give you an indication.

The cost of getting it repainted will almost certainly be much more than the value of the car - even after being repainted. My limited experience seems to indicate you're up for about $6000 or more.

You might struggle to fit an Apple Car Play system into a 206. I have fitted Alpine head units to mine - the current version is UTE-73EBT. Definitely improves the sound quality and vie you bluetooth and handsfree. Any competent car audio installer should be able to fit one - there are off the shelf cable adapters that pretty much plug right in.

Hope that is helpful

Kim

Sorry it’s been a while! Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.
The specs on my car are 206c, year 2006. Badge C, Series T1, 1.6 ltr, 1587 cc. 76000kms.
Red book says $300-3000. I find that unbelievable with such low kms and a limited edition model. And a rare car.

Would this model be classified as a rally car? Do you know where I could sell it to an enthusiast? Or even for parts separately - engine is in great condition and so is the interior.

Thanks

Sorry it’s been a while! Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.
The specs on my car are 206c, year 2006. Badge C, Series T1, 1.6 ltr, 1587 cc. 76000kms.
Red book says $300-3000. I find that unbelievable with such low kms and a limited edition model. And a rare car.

Would this model be classified as a rally car? Do you know where I could sell it to an enthusiast? Or even for parts separately - engine is in great condition and so is the interior.

Thanks
Yeah, I've never taken a red book valuation seriously. It's always way under the value. Have a look on car sales see similar 206s. Also I'm not sure 206c is actually correct. Is it a 2 or 4 door? If 2 door I guess the c could be for coupe. But in all honesty a manual 206 is worth what ever you can get. Faded paint and no mention of cam belt change and service history. I'd think the 3k rebook estimates might be actually top dollar on this one. If it was immaculate with those kms just had a cam belt done etc. It would probably be worth around 6k

It appears that the 206C is just the 4 door 206 with panoramic roof. You didn't mention if yours was manual or auto. Resale values of Peugeot's drop fairly steeply, which can be an advantage if you're buying, not so much for selling. Sadly I'g guess that you'd struggle to find a buyer above $2000. If the vehicle is going well and you've kept up the maintenance your best value would be to keep it. It should have heaps of life left in it. (Unless it's auto...)

Thanks for your reply’s. Transmission is manual, mentioned in the first post. I really like how zippy the Peugeot is. The engine size of my car is 1587 cc and I think it’s fast. Does the engine size matter? I would like to buy something similar in power. Could you recommend an equivalent I could buy, with all the new tech - handsfree, etc. Looking to spend around $25,000 if possible.

Last edited: