Peugeot 205GTi

20FIVE

VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
With a need to update the original trim on the 205's seats and replace some of the foam on the front bolsters I compared local upholsters against importing the materials from Unedesauvee. Not a lot cheaper but being claimed 'New product identical to the original for purists' I opted to import from France.

Received my leather once fabricated with new foam and once installed looked fantastic and well made. My main concern is the new lower seat base are really hard, so much so you tend to sit on top of the seat vs sitting in the seat.... not great going around corners which the 205 does so well. Kicking myself for not checking the foam density with the original and back seat foam (rarely sat on) the new foam was considerably denser.

Just wondering if anybody else has bought the foam from Undesauvee and if they had similar issues?

Attachments

• 20240403_095752 - Copy.jpg
    20240403_095752 - Copy.jpg
    635.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 20240403_095801 - Copy.jpg
    20240403_095801 - Copy.jpg
    454.3 KB · Views: 50
I forget who i bought my seat foams from - it was someone in France... Anyway, same issue as you - too hard and make me sit up higher. I hoped it would just settle in. Anyway, we're years in and unfortunately the foam is still too hard.

On the upside, those seats look great!

I forget who i bought my seat foams from - it was someone in France... Anyway, same issue as you - too hard and make me sit up higher. I hoped it would just settle in. Anyway, we're years in and unfortunately the foam is still too hard.

On the upside, those seats look great!

Yes seats do end up looking really nice, just needs a little use to settle the leather in.

I have also advised the supplier but unlikely any response will be received but will update accordingly. Next steps I plan to take my seats to an upholsterer to see if they can rectify at all. Just makes driving uncomfortable.

So response from Undesauvee:

"Hello, yes it’s a bit the reproach of these foams, but over time they will do this, it is to force that new foams are harder than foams that we 30 years"

Take that as you wish but from my assessment, the old seat cushion is made up of two foam types, hard on bolster and soft for the cushion. You can see the two types seperated and joined using a cotton/nylon mesh material.

So my solution (can hear people cringing), I sliced off the new bolsters and reattached to the old cushions as the old foam was still in good condition. Once back in the car a major improvement and now sitting in the correct position!!!

For those interested, pictures show the cross section of the cushion. New one uses a single type of foam. Old one showing the line of material which seperates and supports the bolsters on.

Attachments

• 20240507_183107.jpg
    20240507_183107.jpg
    627.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240507_183305.jpg
    20240507_183305.jpg
    522.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20240508_231419_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240508_231419_Gallery.jpg
    887.9 KB · Views: 18
My main concern is the new lower seat base are really hard, so much so you tend to sit on top of the seat vs sitting in the seat....

good to know

I ordered the seat bolsters only so wouldn't have known the new seat bases are too hard

the bolsters have been real good and got mine from :

Wise move.... good to see this companies seat cushion can be supplied in a 'dual pour' foam which would be more original.

he got freaked out when covid hit too
hope its just temporary, he was great to deal with