Peugeot 2008 NAC Information, radio, telephone device - rebooting

Hi.

Concurrently I am also downloading the same firmware file from the site in the snippet below. We will see which file downloads first.

PS: I rebooted my modem/router this morning in case there was glitch with my connection.

Cheers.

1686199562004.png

Hi.

Success at last. I now have a USB drive with the touch screen firmware update files loaded by Peugeot Update app, with the folders as per below snippets.

I will perform the update when we next drive to Melbourne, as that will provide almost 90 minutes.

Thanks for your assistance.

Cheers

1686209182164.png

1686209325092.png

1686209267763.png

Attachments

• 1686209304979.png
    1686209304979.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 65
Hello, I'm the author of that page with all the updates for NAC and RCC systems.

The source of the updates is always the same, either you use the "Peugeot Update" software or the browser in my page - they are just links to the TomTom server (maps updates) or PSA server (firmware updates). The browser usually handles the pause and continue downloads better than the "PU" software - and those could be very slow, specially the firmware updates from the mpsa.com server.

If you want to prepare the USB flash drive yourself (because the "PU" only verify and download European maps, for instance), you shouldn't use WinZip - the setting "TAR file smart CR/LF conversion" defaults to enabled and that changes files contents and their checksum and will fail when you try to install. Either disable that option or just use 7-Zip, that also handles the extended "PaxHeaders" way better.

Hi.

Nothing has changed with the firmware. But Mrs Whippets iPhone now pairs and stay reliably connected via Bluetooth to radio and can make receive telephone calls and stream music.

Mrs Whippet was driving recently and I was trying to connect her iPhone. It couldn’t connect and said “Forgot device”, which I did. Then I paired with the device again and since then it has been reliable.

I had done this all previously and still had dropouts problems as described in early posts; but now it is reliable.

The only thing that has changed is that the engine has recently had a cam timing belt fitted under a recall program. As part of this the “software” was updated. That may have been done but the date and version numbers of the mapping and system are identical to what they were prior to the recall work. So these were not updated.

So I am now reluctant to perform the firmware upgrade in case I introduce a new problem. I even have the USB drive ready with the upgrade files.

Cheers.