paint match for 19

dave from bendigo

Fellow Frogger
does anyone know the formula for mixing the colour of my car, it's called white 389 and my local shop cannot mix it up for me because they don't have a formula. They gave me mercedes white because it was the "closest match" but it is nowhere near the same. If anyone could help that'd be great, Regards Dave (P.S, I'm just trying to do some colour coding on my car.)

Hi Dave, while I dont have a paint mix for you, note the colour is called Glacier White. Dont mean to be pedantic here at all, but just about every model for the past 20 years or more has had the possibility of being painted in 389 Glacier White and there have been other "White"s (355, 379, 348, 377 etc). Just thought that having the word Glacier might help you out in the search through paint mixture books. Note there is also a 369 Glacier White which is a Supergloss Opaque colour and 389 is Opaque.

What year is your 19?

FYI, both 369 and 389 are still used on todays cars. In Europe you can buy a 2 spray can set of colour+varnish for about 12 euro direct from the dealer. I think you can also get tin or pen types as well. If you can get in contact with your nearest dealership they may be able to bring in some colour for you, if they can be bothered.

Not sure if I can get you a part number for the sprays, but I'm going to my local dealership here in Luxembourg to pick up some 763 Etruscan Red tomorrow. I doubt they have the formula but if I can sort out my French enough I'll try. Of course someone in Sydney or Melbourne would have the colour mix too. Maybe Renault HO can be nice to you too?? Worth a try.

If you want to order 389 Glacier White in a spray I checked today and its 77 01 422 303. Please check it with the dealer before you order it, if you can order it. I guess it might take 6 weeks to arrive though.

Your Glacier White though should be able to be found in paint formula books though, its been used since 1989 on all models and is still used today.