pads n tyres

MadBiker

Fellow Frogger
I need some front brake pads, what sort of standard pads are avaiable for my 405 mi16. and who would sell them to me for what price...

Also about to put some new tyres on the car but using 195/60/15 instead of 195/55/15 as i can save many bucks and have longer lasting tyres. Any idea how much this will change my speedo?

Cheers
Nathan
www.mad-biker.com

Last edited:
Hi there

Ive got some 405 pads iff you want them. They are fresh as. Off the crashed 405 ive got.

Cam

i have 195/60 15's on my Mi16 (i had a set of FM901's in this size) and it hasnt made a differnce that i can tell, i went from 205/50 15's ,so i would have thought that there would been a difference, i have driven past a few cops with the 60's on and none them have stopped me (yet :) )

i need pads also, does anyone know of a good 'sport' brand?

cheers

Allan

NZ_Mi16 said:
i have 195/60 15's on my Mi16 (i had a set of FM901's in this size) and it hasnt made a differnce that i can tell, i went from 205/50 15's ,so i would have thought that there would been a difference, i have driven past a few cops with the 60's on and none them have stopped me (yet :) )

i need pads also, does anyone know of a good 'sport' brand?

cheers

Allan

check out the brake thread in performance and there is a great deal of info in there

it's for 306's but the same applies to 405's

if you have trouble finding it let me know

pugrambo said:
check out the brake thread in performance and there is a great deal of info in there

it's for 306's but the same applies to 405's

if you have trouble finding it let me know

So can i just buy some bendix ones from supercheep that will fit, or cant you buy standad aftermarket parts...?

worth while buying near new 2nd's though?

Again I can only refer to Citroen, but with them I have bought Bendix pads from Repco for about $80/$90 so I would expect that if Cit parts are so easy, Pugs should be a breeze.
An important thing to remember with the Cit brake pads is that if you use anything but Bendix in the front, they seem to want to rattle their guts out and become quite annoying as well as being almost impossible to find the rattle. I mention that because I have heard that Peugeots can have similar problems. I don't know if they take the same pads though.

Alan S

oh, i dont mind bendix, bit cheeper than ebc - funny though, i thought a pad would be a pad...

80-90 bucks, is that a complete set front and back?

cheers
Nathan

Alan S said:
Again I can only refer to Citroen, but with them I have bought Bendix pads from Repco for about $80/$90 so I would expect that if Cit parts are so easy, Pugs should be a breeze.
An important thing to remember with the Cit brake pads is that if you use anything but Bendix in the front, they seem to want to rattle their guts out and become quite annoying as well as being almost impossible to find the rattle. I mention that because I have heard that Peugeots can have similar problems. I don't know if they take the same pads though.

Alan S

MadBiker said:
oh, i dont mind bendix, bit cheeper than ebc - funny though, i thought a pad would be a pad...

80-90 bucks, is that a complete set front and back?

cheers
Nathan

Sorry, I should have been clearer; no, that's just front.
Rears I think were around another $65/$70, but given the type of drving most of us do, a set of rears will last donkeys ages.

Alan S