P2237 peugeot 308

pustieboy

Fellow Frogger
Tadpole
i changed the bottom O2 sensor with a genuine brand sensor it sort of cleared code after i did it with scan tool for a few days but now code has appeared again any thoughts please ,thank you

Sounds like damaged wiring. Have you checked loom and connectors? This does sound like connectivity with additional resistance at the connector so good for a while then high resistance?

the P2337 sensor is bottom one ?
Why don't you share the Vin and all the error codes that appear after you clear them and take it for a drive. We can only help by what you're provided so far. We all assume EP6 engine but unknown version. And only looking at the code you have provided, in previous posts you mentioned other codes and now you're replaced several sensors and continue to have error codes.
You shouldn't need to throw $$$ for parts not required or not tested.

Advise has been provided to test an oxygen sensor by mechanics with a lot of knowledge.

Re other codes:

In the older thread, the report was first a generic P0171. This is likely to be lean running, as detected by the upper sensor.

Then the error was changed to P2626, a manufacturer code. This is an open circuit on this sensor. There was a comment on the need to check the whole sensor wiring circuit.

The sensor was replaced and we now have P2237 reported, another manufacturer code. It also covers the upper sensor and its circuit. The quote above is from an official PSA issued document.

Imagine that you have a problem that results in a misfire or gross air/fuel ratio. That will lead to petrol vapour and oxygen entering the catalytic converter. The lambda sensors at each end will detect this and the engine computer will raise a code for each of them.

Depending on the root cause of the problem there may be another code as well. There could be a knock, or a timing error, or some problem with injection, or a coil. If any of these problems cause an unexpected electrical value at the ECU a code is raised.

You are dealing with a computer. Each code means that some part of the ECU software is in or has detected an unexpected error state. There are lots of sensors, each being monitored at all times.

just a update on 02 sensor issue i did not have the electrical plug not plugged in deep enough