P205 no spark

Codman

Fellow Frogger
Hi folks,
I'm bashing my head against the wall on a s1 205gti.

She has no spark and as such won't start, I have correct readings at the coil, both primary and secondary and have tried a ignition module.

Things to note, I'm not getting any movement on the tacho when cranking, fuel pump has no power even after some time of cranking but the tachymetric relay seems OK.

I'm down to thinking ecu fault, or dissy internal but not around the system well enough to think through It properly...

This car had undergone a engine removal and half a reinstalation, I pulled it all back out to try and tidy and assign everything, I'm relatively confident that everything needed is plugged in, and have cleaned terminals/earth points...

Thanks folks

Firstly, the ecu has nothing to do with the ignition on a Jetronic car. The ignition system is totally independent, the signal starting from the reluctor in the dizzy. The negative side of the coil feeds the tacho and the tachymetric relay, via the green shielded cable. If you have no spark and thus no fuel pump, I'd start by looking at the reluctor, making sure it's triggering the ignition module, as a starting point.

I've thrown the multimeter across the reluctor, neither have grounded out, and spinning it by hand I'm getting a voltage reading, only around half a volt though, not sure what I should be getting.
Going out to play a bit more this afternoon

The output from the reluctor is indeed very small. I've never measured it, but I would expect 0.5V to be OK. The way to verify, is check that pin 1 of the ignition module is connecting to Ground, for each pulse of the reluctor.