Our New Pluriel

Oby.

Fellow Frogger
Well we finally took delivery of a beautiful blue Pluriel last Saturday. Have already knocked up 1100km's.
I have to say it is a delight to drive. We took a trip from Canberra out to Wee Jasper today. It performed really well. Feels very stable on the road and it's nice to be sitting up high.Can't wait for the warmer weather so the roof can come off.
I love the design features which really mean you very rarely need to remove your hand fron the wheel. The windscreen wipers come on automatically and adjust to the conditions. The headlights also come on automatically when needed. The vision is excellent.
The sound system and computer are all adusted via buttons on the wiper stalk.
There is a ton of space in the boot if you utilise the area where the rear window cassette fits. Sound system is good. Climate control is also very good.

We got the leather pack which really looks smart.

The sensodrive gearbox needs a while to get to know well but once you understand it , it's very smooth and simple. The only potential trap is gear selection at less than 14 kms/hr.As has been discussed before, you can be left powerless for a few seconds, which can be a worry if your trying to enter a flow of traffic- even if you manually chance down to first.I'm sure this will become less of an issue as we get to know the car better.
Overall really we love the car.

I've also got to give a big wrap to Anthony and Greg at Continental Cars. We were really happy with the price from them but were probably more swayed by the friendly manner which they dealt with us and the fact they are solely a Citroen dealership.We went to a few dealerships before Continentals.Thanks guys.

I'll let you all know how the cars going when we have a few months under our belt.

Yep Contientals are top notch, first Citroen dealer in Australia and they're also responsible for Citroen being the oldest marque in Australia.

Happy to hear about your great experiences with the Pluriel. Quite a rare sight on the roads these days!

Oby. said:
I've also got to give a big wrap to Anthony and Greg at Continental Cars. We were really happy with the price from them but were probably more swayed by the friendly manner which they dealt with us and the fact they are solely a Citroen dealership.We went to a few dealerships before Continentals.Thanks guys.

I couldn't agree more. Anthony, Bill, Greg and the rest of Continental Cars are by far the best of the Sydney Citroen dealers - & I've visited them all. Continental's service is outstanding, but most of all they're just genuinely nice people.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the Pluriel!

Oby. said:
I'll let you all know how the cars going when we have a few months under our belt.
Be very interested in summer how you find the versatility of roof configurations, which ones you use most and the reactions you get.

- xTc -

Oby. said:
The sensodrive gearbox needs a while to get to know well but once you understand it , it's very smooth and simple. The only potential trap is gear selection at less than 14 kms/hr.As has been discussed before, you can be left powerless for a few seconds, which can be a worry if your trying to enter a flow of traffic- even if you manually chance down to first.I'm sure this will become less of an issue as we get to know the car better.

Glad to see you took the plunge.

I warned you about this quirk of the Sendodrive. I found the solution is to pick 1st gear from the stick or paddle when approaching an intersection where sudden accelleration might be required, then just reaching down and pushing the "auto" button once on the throttle. Basically, like driving a manual, one has to make sure the right gear is selected BEFORE entering the intersection. Overall, a minor issue.

I still love my Pluriel too.

Just to make you green... the Brisbane weather was excellent over the weekend and I was driving topless the whole time!

JamesII said:
... I was driving topless the whole time!

I'm assuming this was the non-arrestable type topless driving :roflmao: :roflmao:

To darn wet and cold here in Perth for any of that monkey business.

cheers, :)

Thanks for the tip James.I'll give it a try.

No topless driving down here yet.

I'm sure there's a joke I could make out of high beam and chilly weather. :cancan: