OPINIONS PLEASE 205 wheels

renn_205

Fellow Frogger
hello all

i've searched quite some time for the 'right' after market wheels (16/17s) that will complement the pug. NO not chrome! taken me a while and i've narrowed down to two...but

now some series 3 are up for sale! damn it! mallet
i thought i had it narrowed it down. and for the same price as i would pay for after markets!

so i'm pro s3:
look great
rare wheel-rare car!
good performance
do 205/50s fit well?

i'm pro after marets
down to two choices
one looks better (maybe not as good as S3s), but less rare - CONCEPT 9s
one rarer-look better on sorrento green-DIABLO RACERS
excellent performance 205/45 or 215/40

and rubber.. well thats another can of worms

so what do people think... of course people who want to buy them or sell them might be a little biased... and most welcome! he he
yours :confused:

<small>[ 01 October 2003, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: renn_205 ]</small>

205/50/15 don't fit well on 6" rim. They're too baggy. 195/50/15 is more than enough rubber on a 205. I run 185/60/14 on my race car just to keep it all in perspective.

man of many questions!

well tempe tyres seem to be very good, i haven't shoped around much yet, was going to wait until new year, might have to act sooner.

1 400 or 1 600? can't exaclty remeber with rubbers. and i was looking at 16s. didn't matter the design or rubber. or at least what i was looking at.

faulken azensis 205/45/16s. drove a 205 with these on very nice. quite impressed. and i thougtht i was happy with my yokoahama's A539? somehting like that.

<a href="http://shop.tempetyres.com.au/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/31_22/products_id/43" target="_blank">CONCEPT 9s</a>

or

<a href="http://shop.tempetyres.com.au/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/31_22/products_id/90" target="_blank">DIABLO RACERS</a>

PETER
thought they might be to baggy, 195/50 i guess is the max for those huh.

yeah i'm running some yokohama's at that size, doing well. have driven a S3 with the Faulkens azensis in the 15s, really nice. mine is not a track car, so nothing to $$$

too true, to true

except for a 406 coupe, and hey while we're at it Angelina Jolie to boot whistle :D head_ban

any body got any of those combo deals going? PLEASE

I prefer the concept 9's. That purely looks based, i know pugjet has something very similar to that & it looks nuts!! :p

Go the pug rims!

The others look to Bling Bling for my liking.

I just picked up a set of 15 for my pug and had them painted. I think they look so cool.

I fitted 195/55/15 azenus to them and they are a nice fit.

I will get brad to post a picture.

Neil

STREWTH whistle

talk about woop woop, pugjet lives in a DRY, DRY... DRY place!!! i'm 50/50 on a technical performance but, emotionally the pug rims. it is a pug! peugeot_ peugeot_ peugeot_ peugeot_

and i've got the S3 peugeot_ rims... with tyres... 5 of them!

yes it was always the way to go, i just had to see the light. 16s would have been a little bumpy, and 17s OUCH! eek! and my car doesn't have springs as it is! and thats std!

some S3 rear clusters and power assist and i've converted my S2 to S3!

thanks to everybody for posting

I don't like your other two rims. I think the DIABLO's suck! (Looks only) In my opinion the order is :

1 15" 205's
2 Concept 9's
3 DIABLO's

I really like the look of the 15's on the 205. They look great i think.

The Peugeot 15" 205 wheels are strong but very heavy. The wheel and tyre combo weighs in at 19 Kg. That seems to me to be 4 very heavy flywheels to accellerate and decellerate. I had the 15" wheels on my series 2 205 GTI, but I lamented that Peugeot had had built a great little light car to weigh it down with 100 Kg of wheels. (incl spare)

The Peugeot 15" 205 wheels are strong but very heavy. The wheel and tyre combo weighs in at 19 Kg. That seems to me to be 4 very heavy flywheels to accellerate and decellerate. I had the 15" wheels on my series 2 205 GTI, but I lamented that Peugeot had had built a great little light car to weigh it down with 100 Kg of wheels. (incl spare)

that is heavy!

yeah these little 205s are light, explains the 'firm' ride! but if i were to go 16s then i would have more metal at alarger diametre, could be effectively the same as the heavy 15s or worse. as with the 17s

so probably would have evened out

just went to euroland, and they've used those 15s on heaps of pugs. 306 police cars, 406s, 309s etc... so they could be still in production, or just recently ceased?

i'm happy with my buy, was up 4 a new set of tryes come xmas anyway!

the concept 9s suited the lines of 205 the best (out of those two) but are too common. The diablo's need the contrast (oh and loose the nut thing, also the lines are a little to clean for a 205), so they would look good (beauty is in the eye of the beholder) on a sorrento green or miami blue. mine is white.

the best i can imagine is a 6/7 spoke version of the volvo ( mallet i know) 850 wheels, decent width flat spokes (the 205 seems to need at least 6) with a dive back into the wheel hub (the like the new BMW 3series wheels, don't BMW have the BEST wheels!)

not that i've thought about it at all too mcuh! too, too much!!! blush thought i'd never see 15s come up again!

renn_205:
hello all

i've searched quite some time for the 'right' after market wheels (16/17s) that will complement the pug. :
I'd be predictable here. I reckon they look just great with the right wheels (i.e. the original ones) and they seem to go pretty well too!

A major problem/issue with older restored cars is inappropriate wheels. The 205 is approaching its "unfortunate" age when lots of things get done to them......

You asked, so there's my "different" view.

Best of luck with the decision.

Cheers

John

Ren_205, just to be opininated, try to do a search for "Brisbane french car day" thread, and look at the silver 205, localy know as PIG205.
He has deep-dish, 5 spoke rims that look very tuff and purposefull, suit the 205 damm right. - chris

Won't be long now....you'll have the best 15" 205gti factory alloys in this country.....

TYRE WEAR - opinions please

hello every one

i now have my most wonderful and very excellent s3 15s wheels on. thankyou very much cosmo.

and to those who scoffed at the asking price, there is not so much as a scratch on them. they are in MINT condition, even i'm surprised!

further to that i got these 5 with rubbers for what i would get for a set of 4 with rubbers. and they have a lot more tread than what i was expecting.

before i get achance to put them on i thought i might ask for some more opinions. one pair is slightly more worn than the other, obviously the previous front ones. they are directional. which one should i put at the front?

my thought is to put the most worn on the nose and then switch to the back in say 6mths or so when they are not to worn to be used at all. then leaving the fresher pair backup the front. this would seem to prolong their use? yes yes??

or

i could put the fresh ones on the nose and just keep replacing the front ones as need be, whilst riding the rear ones out? assuming that i buy more front ones that rear ones, which i'm not sure. what your experience in tyre wear?.

just thinking about it either of those situations don't seem to avoid the chance that by the time the front need replacing so do the rears and i have one massive ouchie to the wallet!
i guess i'm asking about wear rate at front at rear. what do you reckon.

anyone used or heard of "Dunlop Dignos D01" before?