Operation CX clutch change is complete

DoubleChevron

Real cars have hydraulics
VIP Paid Subscriber
Fellow Frogger
For those who are interested ....... See here:

Shane's tedious repetitive screwups (aka: clutch change)

c24.jpg

seeya,
Shane L.

Geeze Im glad I wasnt anywhere near your place it would take ages to get that green paint off me (looks like you painted everything that did not move). The POR 15 is bloody incredible stuff though the shields look like new.

cruiserman said:
Geeze Im glad I wasnt anywhere near your place it would take ages to get that green paint off me (looks like you painted everything that did not move). The POR 15 is bloody incredible stuff though the shields look like new.

Everything in those photo's that looks nice and painted/shiny ... Can't be seen no the motor is back in :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Do you want to detail it for me, Ir 'm yet to have a car that looks anything other than ... er.... well used ... . Under the bonnet.

seeya,
Shane L.

Good to hear that the project is nearing completion. Just do us one small favour would you? Get to "Springs-R-Us" and buy a new non rusty spring to replace that daggy arrangement we see above the shield in the pic:D

The photo I was alluding to Shane was the last one where you had painted the floor, two sockets, a paint can lid, a plastic container and several assorted parts green. I had an old 505 that had the overspray from 5 beadlocks, 5 rims, several mobile phone covers and a various assortment of other things that were put there to be sprayed.

Knowing Shane, he's probably Photoshopped it so there's no paint there in reality anyway. :roflmao: :roflmao: :nownow: :rolleyes:

Alan S :joker:

Hi Guys,

nah, I only painted stuff that was covered in surface rust ... Seriously, if I still had the sh!tty old BX I would have spent a few weekends more on it and cleaned/polished/detailed everything. It make the buggers so much easier to work on when there clean (you can spot any leaks right away).

I didn't cover that much with green paint .... I was worried the concrete would get rusty, so I gave it a coat of paint too :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Those sockets/lids were actually there to hold the brake accumulator housing while I painted it.

BTW: Neil, haven't you ever used POR15 ... Bloody awesome stuff, but don't get it on your skin (don't ask ... I learnt that one the hard way).

seeya,
Shane L.
PS: I haven't been brave enough to venture into the shed yet. There's so much sh!t spread everywhere I can't even open/close the doors.

Last edited:
Gotta agree with you Shane on the POR15 - used some on my BX under the bonnet...didn't notice the rip in my rubber glove until later...had a beautiful black index finger for the next month or so until I could regrow the skin. The paint on the car is still as good as was when I did it - am now planning on doing up a bull bar for my van in it.

ozziediver said:
Gotta agree with you Shane on the POR15 - used some on my BX under the bonnet...didn't notice the rip in my rubber glove until later...had a beautiful black index finger for the next month or so until I could regrow the skin. The paint on the car is still as good as was when I did it - am now planning on doing up a bull bar for my van in it.

Hi Roscoe,

POR15 is brilliant stuff... However it's ceramic/high gloss look turns cloudy and faded when it's left in the direct sun (the protection is the same, it just turns yuk colour when UV rays hit it).

Download the spec sheet, it explains how to use it :)

seeya,
Shane L.