OIL FILTER for DS 23

rodds23

Tadpole
:cry: Hello to all out there would like to thank Roger 4 info on change oil filter, But would any one know where i could purchase an oil filter from like REPCO, SUPER CHEAP , AUTOBARAN. ...... ETC.. as citroen service centre about 150kms away so any help would be great (( is there an after market repacement avalable ?? )):cheers:RODs DS23

It's a special filter (unlike every Citroen after it). Your best bet would be to order one in. They are like a cartridge, or a 'standard' oil filter with the metal skin removed. From memory when you fit it you actually squish/crush the oil filter increasing considerably it's surface area. Possibly try the CCCV or French connection. No doubt Roger Parker in Adelaide will stock them too.

seeya,
Shane L.

Rod

I can't find any detail of there being a CCC of NSW member living inTahmoor or Picton, but if you are a member, you could contact the club shop person and order one and it would be sent to you in a hurry.

You could also try Continental Cars or AutoFrance in Sydney who will gladly take a credit card number and courier the item to you. (the 150km is a bit of an exageration BTW).

You may be lucky and find one out of the parts book at Repco.

Isnt there a Citroen dealership/workshop on blaxland road lemeah (next to mitsubushi and subaru) maybe they can order it in for you

Dan

UFO said:
Rod

I can't find any detail of there being a CCC of NSW member living inTahmoor or Picton, but if you are a member, you could contact the club shop person and order one and it would be sent to you in a hurry.

You could also try Continental Cars or AutoFrance in Sydney who will gladly take a credit card number and courier the item to you. (the 150km is a bit of an exageration BTW).

You may be lucky and find one out of the parts book at Repco.
:mad: :nownow: Craig you dont have to be rude!!! did you take in to concideration that people do move LOCATION from time to time!! AS THATS WHAT I HAVE DONE & wont be back untill march next year. OH by the way I am not in picton or tahmoor at the moment.Where I am now is to far away from any mechanic to do it for me & Do i have to tell you my business how & when I move ?????? your mind must be narrow !! as i dont like being RUDE MY SELF....ETC:( I only asked where i could get an oil filter from (( like repco or supercheap etc )) thats it!!! BTW exageration has nothing to do with my question at all.:2cents:

Rodds, I think you might have misunderstood something there, because Craig wasn't being rude, but was being entirely helpful.

Have a good Christmas.

Stuey

PSvensson said:
Isnt there a Citroen dealership/workshop on blaxland road lemeah (next to mitsubushi and subaru) maybe they can order it in for you

Dan

hahaha... most new citroen dealership's these days, wouldn't know what DS is... even if you parked one right infront of them, i doubt they'd recognize it as a Citroen!

oil filter..

rodds23 said:
:mad: :nownow: Craig you dont have to be rude!!! did you take in to concideration that people do move LOCATION from time to time!! AS THATS WHAT I HAVE DONE & wont be back untill march next year. OH by the way I am not in picton or tahmoor at the moment.Where I am now is to far away from any mechanic to do it for me & Do i have to tell you my business how & when I move ?????? your mind must be narrow !! as i dont like being RUDE MY SELF....ETC:( I only asked where i could get an oil filter from (( like repco or supercheap etc )) thats it!!! BTW exageration has nothing to do with my question at all.:2cents:

ooohhHHooohhHHoo!!

rodds23 said:

The only person being rude in this thread is you!

If that's how you respond to people who provide advice or assistance in good faith there will be very few future offers of assistance forthcoming, how surprising...

Last edited:
Not ideal, but given that you are away from assistance and seemingly do not have a manual nor filter, you could just change the oil on your D as a temporary measure. No doubt you have noticed that it has a separate drain plug. I don't think one needs to change the filter every oil change time - or am I just slack. Then when you return maybe someone can show you (?club tech day) how easy it is to change the filter.
The info and assistance from this group is often very helpful

The local experts all say the only filter to use id purflux, which is a eurpoean brand. they are readily available through CCCV, or Cit Club NSW, or French Connection, or Eurpoean Auto Imports in Melbourne.

The filter is very easy to change, unbolt the plate under the sump, pull out filter, put in new one. You sometimes need a new gasket so it pays to have a new one on hand. Some people replace the gasket every time. There are marks on the filter you must line up or problems may result. Sounds complicated but it is not.

rodds23 said:

Easy there. Craig was NOT being rude. Craig, just like me, hasn't done the distance mind reading course. Your info says you are at Tahmoor. Yes you don't have to tell us when you move, but you don't have to flail us when we can't imagine where you are. I'd suggest he was looking at the CCCNSW info to see if there was a member near you to assist! SO NO SHOUTING OK.

I think you will have to contact a club or dealership to get a filter. I don't believe that the the supercheaps etc will be able to help.

You may have done your dash with Craig though. :nownow:

He knows which person to have a go at .... Not only is he one of the few club members here, he's the president of the NSW car club :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I'm sure Craig will get over it.... (it's only supposed to be me that stirs him up !!!:whip: :whip: :rolleyes: ).

seeya,
Shane L.