Nokia Car Kit

gadgetboy

Fellow Frogger
Hi,

I have just purchased a 307XSe (Auto) and would like to install Nokia Handsfree Car Kit (CARK-91).

My dealer (Alec Mildren in Sydney) was not able to help with this request.

Has anyone on this forum installed a Nokia Car kit? & does the Clarion RD1 head unit have a phone mute function?

Cheers. :confused:

Post a report on your car, you'd be the third 307 driver I know on this board.

Hows the autobox?

Cheers,

Justin

There is a brief review of the Nokia Car Kit, that I wrote a while back on the Amazon site. Just go to <a href="http://www.amazon.com" target="_blank">http://www.amazon.com</a> and do search for Nokia Car Kit.

I've only fitted it in a 505, Guhan, so it may be a very different story in a 307.

It was a pretty straightforward install. The tricky bits, as always with these things, involve finding good mounting locations, which work well, but don't interfere with controls etc, don't do too much damage if you want to remove them later, and don't cause damage to wiring etc. My guess would be that this is probably even harder on the 307 than on a 505. Routing aerial cables is a bit of a pain too. Its worth taking extra time with the positioning, and doing a dry run with all the components in place before you start drilling any holes. Really annoying if you find you can't turn the radio on etc when the handset is in place!

My wife had the same kit professionally fitted to her Seat. The handset cradle fell off after about 12 months, leaving holes in the fascia and when I took a look at the wiring job I found nasty little "features" like wires simply poked into relay sockets etcf to provide power, so if you are getting it professionally done, keep an eye on them!

The kit works very well though. From memory there is a way of wiring the thing to cut off the radio even if it doesn't have a built in mute function. I didn't bother.

When you are locating it try and make sure that you can see the set easily while driving. Its bloody dangerous looking down or sideways to find those little handset buttons.

Cheers

Rod

my Nokia car kit works extremely well & has been in the 505 for 3 years. I had no trouble fitting it using the circuit supplied with the kit.

a universal way to mute the radio is simply wire the relay into the earth lead.

if you need more details e-mail me.

con....