New Renault for only US$5500

I noticed there were a lot of Korean cars in WA, especially Hyundais. Did Alan Bond give WAers a strong affinity to the ol Hyundai :)

The biggest surprise for me was the low number of French cars, which are now quite common in MEL. They are simply great value cars. The fact that there's only one dealer per French marque in WA doesn't help though.

Of the current models, saw C3s, Xsaras, C5s, Clios, Scenics, Meganes, 206s, 307s, 406s (incl. Coupe). Didn't see any Lagunas or 607s (surprise surprise!!), Berlingos. Only saw C3s on the last night, when we decided to drive through a poshier part of PER.

There didn't seem to be many 'transitional prestige Euro cars' in WA - eg. the French brands or VWs. Lots of Volvos though, I wouldn't mind betting that Perth has the highest per capita new Volvo count in Australia :D

All the BMWs over there seem to be X5s. Hardly any ML-Classes. Saw quite a few MDXs. Hardly any Ford Focuses.

Fords & Holdens seemed quite common. Good handful of fake EVOs.

Not as many old cars out in WA as in MEL.

It was interesting to note how the types of cars people owned in WA differed compared to those owned by Melbournians.

The Fiat Palio is made on a similar concept! Its been done before. The Fiat Palio is not sold in many countries because it is considered to be too crude! Judging by the pics i have to admit it looks pretty good, sorta like a clio sedan!

Cya Stalled

Justin, yeah, Bondy made the old High-Undies successful here, then our top dealer took over. They are losing it now though, I think.

By the way, there are two Renault dealers (Wow). One is a very long established dealer, Eurocars, and there's a new kid on the block, Giant Renault. I think Eurocars might even sell PSA cars, or at least they used to, so that'd make two dealers for all marques, as there's Allpikes selling PSA gear as well.

Stuey

I thought Giant was the only Renault dealer in WA - Eurocars isn't listed on the Renault website.

Hmmm...I believe you might be right! They no longer seem to be dealers...A shame as Eurocars have been into Frog cars for decades (they sold my R12 new) and were involved with rallying (they had something to do with the R12 Gordinis I believe). I'll have to get down there and see what they're up to, as they still sell Frog cars and parts. Must be just used cars.

Stuey