New Pics !

The F9A is the same as an E6A minus ignition. It's a very good fuel only unit. With big cams, I think you'll ignition as well. The problem with Haltechs was (not sure if still is) is that they only accept a square wave 5-12V input. Like from the negative side of a coil, or from a hall effect sensor. This is not impossible, but difficult to incorporate on an Mi16. A friend of mine has added a hall effect trigger in behind his power steering pulley. Another option is to add a magnetic sensor in the cam cover, firing off a cam lobe. The neatest, and most reliable, is to use the std. Motronic sensor. Only problem is that it's a very weak output. My goal is to tap into the Motronic ECU after that signal gets amplified, but before it gets timed for ignition. Regardless of what type of ECU you use, you have to fire it somewhere between 60-90 deg. BTDC if you want ignition and/or sequential injection. You can fire anywhere if you multipoint fuel only.

James,
I'm interested in putting twin webers on my BX GT and was wondering where you got your manifold from and approx how much i would expect to pay for one. Also could you give me an indication of what i should pay for a 2nd hand pair of 40mm webers. Any help would be much appreciated :)

Dave

I was very lucky picking up the manifold. Some one had imported it for some ridiculous cost and ran out of money on his project. I paid $150.00 Nz. You will need to import one form the UK, check out the weber web site. As far as cost for the webers, well I paid $500.00 for mine and was very lucky. These are a 45mm. For a pair of 40mm DCOE Webers the best place to look is a Fiat wrecker. The 130 TC, or Abarth have these. Or look in the trade papers.
As far as making them fit there is a bit of work involved. Because opf where the alternator is mounted, you will need to remove the brackets mounts etc, of the block of you're engine. I used a 306 XN alternator bracket and mounting kit. This was of a wrecked 1600cc version, it fit just fine. Other things you need to consider are the breather pipe and oil fill. I simply extended this from the crank case breather and put a K&N filter on it. There is no oil vapour return to the carbs, but you can pipe this into an air box if you build one. You will need to get another belt to run the power steering, and another harmonic balancer on the crank pulley.
But it was worth it, what a great sound.......

I have sold the car to some young mug (I apologise if he is reading this) tofund my return to Canada.

It is 32 c here, and I now drive a Chev Suburban. I hope to get a Gti6 when I get back.

I am applying for work in North Ride, Sydney. So may get back to aussiefrogs land soon.

Good luck, Daniel (aka James.)