New Director of Ops at VDA

Craig

Fellow Frogger
From GoAuto e-news:

RUDI Koenig has been appointed director of operations for Renault Australia. Mr Koenig previously held the position of director of finance for the Nissan/ Renault Australian Group. He replaces Richard Wilson, who was the director of the Renault franchise from its re-launch here in 2001. This year Renault sales have slumped in Australia as new model launches dried up. The new-generation Megane will be launched in December. Mr Wilson has been offered another position within Nissan/Renault Australia but has yet to decide whether to take it up. According to Leon Daphne, managing director and chief executive officer of Renault Australia, Mr Koenig s appointment comes at a time of growth for Renault in the local market. He starts his new position immediately.

Here's a contender for Aussiefrogs Useless Posts 2003.

I went to school with his daughter :)

Craig said:
From GoAuto e-news:

RUDI Koenig has been appointed director of operations for Renault Australia. Mr Koenig previously held the position of director of finance for the Nissan/ Renault Australian Group. He replaces Richard Wilson, who was the director of the Renault franchise from its re-launch here in 2001. This year Renault sales have slumped in Australia as new model launches dried up........ Mr Koenig s appointment comes at a time of growth for Renault in the local market. He starts his new position immediately.

I can only hope for the long term good of the marque in Australia that this guy doesn't end up performing like most of the number crunchers in the Motor Industry have who have been tossed the reins when business was in decline. (ie) 'Profits are down' - increase overall prices. 'Sales are down' - increase advertising. 'Costs are up' - Reduce stock & increase parts prices.
'We're not making any money' - well, we were always going to go bust. Think how bad it would have been if I hadn't been here and made all the changes!!

:mallet: :whip: :deal:

Alan S :blackeye:

Alan S said:
I can only hope for the long term good of the marque in Australia that this guy doesn't end up performing like most of the number crunchers in the Motor Industry have who have been tossed the reins when business was in decline. (ie) 'Profits are down' - increase overall prices. 'Sales are down' - increase advertising. 'Costs are up' - Reduce stock & increase parts prices.
'We're not making any money' - well, we were always going to go bust. Think how bad it would have been if I hadn't been here and made all the changes!!

:mallet: :whip: :deal:

Alan S :blackeye:

As lnong as Renault keep plugging away they will get there. It all takes time, patience and a bit of heart!!!

See the latest news for an exciting 2004 for Renault in Aus.

Renault

Renault has a big year lined up with the remainder of the radically styled Megane range set to follow the three and five door launched in December 2003. First up will be the sedan that is expected to be offered with the same 83kW/152Nm 1.6-litre and 98kW/191Nm 2.0-litre engines as the hatches followed by the coupe cabriolet with its innovative folding glass roof. The coupe cabriolet will probably only be offered with the 2.0-litre engine and is likely to be priced about $50,000. Following that comes the Scenic mini-people mover - first the five seater then the Grand scenic seven seater - both likely to be 2.0-litre only with the latter possibly also getting the 165kW/270Nm 2.0-litre turbo engine. This engine with an output of 170kW, will also feature in the three-door hot hatch RS, the last of the Megane range to arrive. In the second half of the year, Renault will add the big seven seat 3.5-litre V6 Espace as its top of the range model priced about $70,000. The French maker will also join the LCV trade with the VW Transporter sized Trafic due to go on sale in the first half of the year followed by the bigger Master van and smaller Kangoo van in the second half of the year.

Taken from Carpoint.com.au

Stuey said:
Richard Wilson moved on to make a new series of One Foot in the Grave.

Given that mid-sized Renaults have never made it, although the Laguna is doing maybe a bit better, they'd better get their act together with the new Megane range PDQ. I reckon the new Megane looks stunning in the metal, just stunning. Better not look too closely at rear seat room, but from the outside they are really impressive.

Any bets on how long before there is a look-alike from our north?

JohnW

There already is one. It just doesn't know whether it wants to be a 307 or a Megane.

nis0310211amg.jpg