new battery terminal connectors....

dino

1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
....i worked today...it was a slow day so during lunch i thought i d get rid of the CRAPPY looking batterry terminal connectors....they didn t really sit well...anyway i thought..what the hell...i ll go for these NEW and fancy gold plated blocks....took about 10 minutes...and to my suprise....THE S16 feels like a new car now...had a bit of a what seemed like a light misfire...it just PURRRRRS now.....no flat spots whatsoever and a lot more urge.....i m really happy i did the swap..

i later inspected the originals (crimped style) and found the earh wire was reasonably loose (what was left over after cutting back).....

man i really like this car.....its nice when things go ones way...

so it might be wise to check those battery terminals....could not believe that what seemed like solid firm contact was the cause behind the misfire....

cheers
dino

i still have the old terminals on mine and the positive one is a throw back from the 203 days
i have to check it on occasions as it tends to lose grip on the battery
sometimes after a long drive and turn the car off you hop back in to start and nothing
pop the bonnet and tighten the terminal up again and off she goes
everytime i go past my friendly repco i think i have to go in there but i forget what i have to go in there for :D

i'll make note next time

Billy,

That thing we took off the battery last night is what they are talking about. (the one i needed the vice grips for)

Nick

a while back when i had a misfire prob on the 205, i put some 8gauge wire from the eng to battery, and from battery to the chassis. it made the car feel a lot nicer to rev

dino:
anyway i thought..what the hell...i ll go for these NEW and fancy gold plated blocks....took about 10 minutes...and to my suprise....THE S16 feels like a new car now...had a bit of a what seemed like a light misfire...it just PURRRRRS now.....

so it might be wise to check those battery terminals....could not believe that what seemed like solid firm contact was the cause behind the misfire....

cheers
dino
Well done Dino,.. my S16 too benifits from Gold pated Brass terminals and uprated cables,.. nice!! i also updated the battery within 3 months of purchase. I bought a OPTIMA "RED" top, and 5 years on, with lots of heat/driving, stereo cranking etc. Never skips a beat either. - chris