Need urgent help finding the engine number on Renault Koleos Diesel 2L Turbo 2009 for Blue Slip

Francophilia

Tadpole
Tadpole
Can anyone give me specific directions as to where to find the engine number? It's needed for a blue slip by the mechanics tomorrow morning. Needed for the 1st Feb.

Many Thanks in advance!

What car is it?
It’s hard to know where to look without knowing what model Renault you have.

Thanks schlitzaugen. I saw that, but the mechanic insists that it must be read on the engine block itself for them to green tick a blue slip. The annoying part of this situation is that they say they will bill me for however long it takes to find it!

Thanks schlitzaugen. I saw that, but the mechanic insists that it must be read on the engine block itself for them to green tick a blue slip. The annoying part of this situation is that they say they will bill me for however long it takes to find it!
I'd suggest you look for a better workshop, unless this have radically changed the Blue Slip Authorised Inspection Stations have either books or online database with pics that show where VIN and engine numbers are located and what they should look like so as to identify rebirthed vehicles.

That is the VIN not engine number.
Duh! Another knob.

Sorry, I missed that.

No idea where to find the engine number, maybe the compliance plate (do they even have one?).

It's got to be there somewhere on the block but heck knows how many layers of plastique de merde you have to go through to get to it,

Can anyone give me specific directions as to where to find the engine number? It's needed for a blue slip by the mechanics tomorrow morning. Needed for the 1st Feb.

Many Thanks in advance!
Perhaps an email to Renault Australia ? (Or as others have said, try a different mechanic - ideally one familiar with Renaults).
Or ... try here maybe?

For a blue slip it isn't the VIN that's needed. The inspector must sight and copy the engine number stamped by law on the block . It is there somewhere. The car couldn't have been sold new without it.

PSA, for what it's worth, usually stamps the front passenger side, near the bottom, on a flat part of the casting..

Reactions: cjl
i googled 09 kolios diesel engine number where is and got a bunch of stuff including a RVCS site were you can down load a PDF of in presuming lots of engine number locations ,

Haven't you seen this lousy image?
renault.jpg