My R12 POS Arrived!

Jesus Bustamif, reckon you have a story or two left untold.

Jesus Bustamif, reckon you have a story or two left untold.
One comes to mind, at your old workplace during Porsche Rennsport 2016. Exit of T2, smell fuel, engine drops power, fuel pressure gauge zero. Instantly hit electric cut off, engine stops. Dump clutch in, coasting, look for nearest flag point with a fire crew. Spot a fire crew wearing PPE at entry T4. Coast to T4 crew but sector marshal (no PPE) directs two flaggies also not wearing PPE, to go to the back of the car and push. They are all supposed to be trained to go straight to the driver to check if he is OK. I am waving out the window calling to them to tell them they are likely to be BBQ'd and get the fire crew over.

No extinguishers needed as the fuel dried up pretty fast and thankfully there was no spark to blow that poor flag crew to Blacktown. No damage to the car apart from $4,000 smashed carbon fibre from where they tried to push. Trackside crews with experience usually ask where to push on race cars.

Bowie, when you are deciding where to mount things and run oil, fuel, electrics and controls, try to keep everything in the middle of the car to minimise risk of damage from contact with jacks, ripple strips, other cars and trackside furniture. Keeping things low, in the centre and middle of the car will also help weight distribution, C of G and lower the polar moment. BTY that is nothing to do with climate change.

Have you finished reading Mike Costin's book on race car design yet?

No I haven’t :( Who knew when you finally get a place none of your furniture matches and new things are needed. I been having glorious conversations about curtains and refrigeration machines.

I hope things will calm down once set the new place.

You did well spot crew in suitable ppe! And the sectors response was to push you. Geeees. Yeah…..

No I haven’t :( Who knew when you finally get a place none of your furniture matches and new things are needed. I been having glorious conversations about curtains and refrigeration machines.

I hope things will calm down once set the new place.

You did well spot crew in suitable ppe! And the sectors response was to push you. Geeees. Yeah…..
Back in the day, the purpose of the sighting lap also known as warm up lap is to check the whole environment including flag points and fire crew locations. If you knew which points were manned and by whom, you knew what you could get away with. TV and every person now having a phone/camera makes it harder to push the rule book.

As to your new digs, things will probably not calm down. Now that you have found a nest, I reckon that chicks will be hatched and your life will be changed once more. This story is up there with Frans recent journey in the Caravelle.