More Power for 206GTi

ElDiablo206

Fellow Frogger
I was thinking about installing a powerchip into my 206GTi. Any ideas about it? anyone know other ways of boosting power without costing a fortune?

ElDiablo206 said:
I was thinking about installing a powerchip into my 206GTi. Any ideas about it? anyone know other ways of boosting power without costing a fortune?

Check out some of the OLD threads..

PS. It's a chip but there is not alot of power.... :disappr: :disappr:

Welcome.. :cheers: :afplak: :pugplak:

Thanks, I sigend up today. I found Aussie Frogs while looking for some info on the 206.
I bought my 206GTi last year and love it. Its good to see so many people enjoy pugs as well and good on Aussie Frogs for this excellent site. You'll be seeing a lot more of me ;)

:pugplak: :afplak: :cheers:

Good set of extractors and a god tune-up with top shelf components do wonders for a 206gti, but the best mod my mate did was to rid the rear seats and spare tyre saved 35 Kg and the some..... made the car noticably more spirited..-chris

ps- as J4rs has suggested a chip is just that, don't confuse it with a piggy back ECU or even better a fully progamable ECU.. see ECU thread.

Chips are around $900-$1000, and the jury is out on their effectiveness. Might be better to spend a little bit of money on making the car stop and corner better first (not that it's bad in these areas but there os always room for improvement).

- XTC206 -

CHRI'S16 said:
Good set of extractors and a god tune-up with top shelf components do wonders for a 206gti, but the best mod my mate did was to rid the rear seats and spare tyre saved 35 Kg and the some..... made the car noticably more spirited..-chris

ps- as J4rs has suggested a chip is just that, don't confuse it with a piggy back ECU or even better a fully progamable ECU.. see ECU thread.

I wonder if you can get the extractors from the gti180 engine as spare parts from the dealer ... would bolt straight on and looks a treat :)

luan

lucin said:
I wonder if you can get the extractors from the gti180 engine as spare parts from the dealer ... would bolt straight on and looks a treat :)

luan

Checked it out... good move.. Not sure you guy's would go for the price judging by the way my CHEAP GTi6 parts went....

:afplak: :pugplak:

ElDiablo206 said:

Remove the spare tyre, back seats, parcel shelf and carpet. Cost $0.

If you're still not happy, trade in your alloys on some steel wheels. That's probably $500 back to you!

There was a very good URL along these lines posted somewhere on this forum. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Last edited:
PeterT said:
Remove the spare tyre, back seats, parcel shelf and carpet. Cost $0.

If you're still not happy, trade in your alloys on some steel wheels. That's probably $500 back to you!

There was a very good URL along these lines posted somewhere on this forum. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Peter, I believe this is what you're talking about. Been posted a couple of times before. Still makes me laugh.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=776885

LookingforMi16 said:
Peter, I believe this is what you're talking about. Been posted a couple of times before. Still makes me laugh.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=776885

That was hilarious :roflmao: I get it the idea is to do a Jenny Craig on the car and the she'll fly :dance: . Although I know that once I rip it up, there's no chance I'll be able to put it back. :cry:

cheers
Sam

J4RS said:
Checked it out... good move.. Not sure you guy's would go for the price judging by the way my CHEAP GTi6 parts went....

:afplak: :pugplak:

I was at the dealer at just happened to ask how much for one of these ... just over $2K :D You can buy a lot of cookies with that.

Oh, and the gti180 run different dampers to the standard gti, so since i've got eibach lowered front springs (-30mm vs -20mm on the gti180) i think this is what i'll get next. no need to get konis?

Luan