Montreal F1 Qualifying

mistareno

A bit of a suprise in qualifying....

Does anyone know if it was wet or dry (or inbetween) ??

Renault could be a chance of a victory with Trulli 3rd and Alonso 5th on the grid (especially if Trulli and Alonso get the super starts they have been getting :D )

The super kraut is back in 6th place... :dance:

Mark Webber is down in 14th and got out qualified by his team mate Klien (10th) for the first time.... :(

I am assuming Sato (and perhaps Webber) threw it off the track somewhere to be so far down the grid ? :confused:
1 4 Ralf Schumacher Williams-BMW 1:12.275

2 9 Jenson Button BAR-Honda 1:12.341

3 7 Jarno Trulli Renault 1:13.023

4 3 Juan Pablo Montoya Williams-BMW 1:13.072

5 8 Fernando Alonso Renault 1:13.308

6 1 Michael Schumacher Ferrari 1:13.355

7 2 Rubens Barrichello Ferrari 1:13.562

8 6 Kimi Räikkönen McLaren-Mercedes 1:13.595

9 5 David Coulthard McLaren-Mercedes 1:13.681

10 15 Christian Klien Jaguar-Cosworth 1:14.532

11 11 Giancarlo Fisichella Sauber-Petronas 1:14.674

12 16 Cristiano da Matta Toyota 1:14.851

13 17 Olivier Panis Toyota 1:14.891

14 14 Mark Webber Jaguar-Cosworth 1:15.148

15 18 Nick Heidfeld Jordan-Ford 1:15.321

16 19 Timo Glock Jordan-Ford 1:16.323

17 10 Takuma Sato BAR-Honda 1:17.004

18 21 Zsolt Baumgartner Minardi-Cosworth 1:17.064

19 12 Felipe Massa Sauber-Petronas No time

20 20 Gianmaria Bruni Minardi-Cosworth No time

Just read the post qualifying report and the track was dry (but alot warmer than yesterday)

Sato made a mistake at the chicane and wripped of part of the car....

Alonso hit debris from Sato's car on his qualifying warm up lap and damaged his front wing resulting in a bit of understeer :mad:

Both Alonso and Trulli were quicker in the morning warm up but made mistakes on the qualifying laps....

M Schumacher seemed his usual cocky self, so Ferrari might be running a different stradegy....

Canada has a few spots where overtaking is feasible, so it should be a good race with Schuey back in 6th :D

dosent seem to matter how many overtaking places there are in F1 95% of overtaking occurs in the same place on every track. The Pits, which is what F1 is becoming.

God damn!!!!!!

I wish the rounds stayed in Europe, the bloody Canadian grand prix is still 2.5 hours away from startiong :( CHannel 10 are currently televising the MotoGP, I don't think I can wait up to watch the start of the F1 :(

Bring back the European rounds!!!!

gggrrrrrr
:mad:

Don't Worry - no results here!

Ha ha! You have the US Grand Prix next weekend and Brazil at the end of the season. So other than those your wish has been granted!

I set my alarm to get up and watch the race 2:15 my tv guide said. Got up at 2:10 to find them already on lap 5!!!!!!!!! Go Figure!

:confused: :confused:

Hey check this out man,

<HR>Williams drivers Ralf Schumacher and Juan Pablo Montoya had finished second and fifth respectively in the Montreal event, while Toyota’s Cristiano da Matta and Olivier Panis were eighth and tenth. <HR>​

<HR>Their disqualification means that Ferrari’s Rubens Barrichello is elevated to second place in Sunday’s result, with Jenson Button taking third for BAR. Giancarlo Fisichella moves up to fourth for Sauber, ahead of the McLarens of Kimi Raikkonen and David Coulthard. Timo Glock scores world championship points for seventh on his Grand Prix debut for Jordan, with team mate Nick Heidfeld taking the final point in eighth. <HR>​

AHAHA now that ****d.

SO therefore.

1 Michael Schumacher, Ferrari
2 Rubens Barrichello, Ferrari
3 Jenson Button, BAR Honda
4 Giancarlo Fisichella, Sauber Petronas
5 Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren Mercedes
6 David Coulthard, McLaren Mercedes
7 Timo Glock, Jordan Ford
8 Nick Heidfeld, Jordan Ford
9 Christian Klien, Jaguar
10 Zsolt Baumgartner, Minardi Ford

Thus the world championship for drivers order is:
1 Michael Schumacher 70 points
2 Rubens Barrichello 54
3 Jenson Button 44
4 Jarno Trulli 36
5 Fernando Alonso 25
6 Juan Pablo Montoya 24
7 Ralf Schumacher 12
8 Giancarlo Fisichella 10
9 Takuma Sato 8
10 David Coulthard 7
11 Felipe Massa 5
11= Kimi Raikkonen 5
13 Cristiano da Matta 3
13= Nick Heidfeld 3
13= Mark Webber 3
16 Timo Glock 2
17 Olivier Panis 1

In the constructors’ championship McLaren and Jordan are the big winners:
1 Ferrari 124 points
2 Renault 61
3 BAR Honda 52
4 BMW Williams 36
5 Sauber Petronas 15
6 McLaren Mercedes 12
7 Jordan Ford 5
8 Toyota 4
9 Jaguar Cosworth 3

Good result for Timo Glock there on debut...

Even though Ferrari won - at least it wasnt a cakewalk for them. Well until the Williams' were disqualified anyway!

Looks like the F1 cars have the same suspension problems!!! LOL

A big dissapointment... i got the poops & went to bed after Alonso fell out *sniff*

I also like how Alonso's extra 8sec pit stop never got shown on TV cause of a friggin Ad break!!! argh!!! they came back from the ads & there he is all the way back!!! why??? channel 10 have no idea! idiots! (refuelling problem)
Otherwise he would've been in front of M Schu & leading the race!!! :(
& Trulli could've been higher still!!!!
Noooooo!
ahhh well, still a good 2nd!

& I LOVE channel 10's continuation of dribbling crap...
Talking about how much of the track is @ full throttle...

Is there something RenaultF1 doesnt know about???
"Montreal is not actually a particularly demanding circuit in terms of the standard parameters by which we measure a circuit’s difficulty. The engine only spends 58% of the lap at full throttle" (www.renaultf1.com 7-Jun-2004)
Well done Channel 10!!! you are really on top of your game!
You had a whole week & still cant get anything accurate worth saying!

nate said:
& I LOVE channel 10's continuation of dribbling crap...
Talking about how much of the track is @ full throttle...

Is there something RenaultF1 doesnt know about???
"Montreal is not actually a particularly demanding circuit in terms of the standard parameters by which we measure a circuit’s difficulty. The engine only spends 58% of the lap at full throttle" (www.renaultf1.com 7-Jun-2004)
Well done Channel 10!!! you are really on top of your game!
You had a whole week & still cant get anything accurate worth saying!
HAAH good call dawg!!

Man, i can stand Neil Crompton, seriously just because he's good friends with Cristiano da Matta he thinks his some sort of VIP f1 reporter. Uuooeee look at me im neil crompton i stalk Cristiano da Matta, i dream about him everynight, i use to do motorsport BUT Am TOO SHIT TO DO IT ANYMORE, so i'll host RPM with Bill "i know F-uck all" Woods.

Man bring back that loud mouth Darrel Eastlake & Alan Jones, at least jones Raced & won in f1, not like MR Neil "I'm a annoying commentator & think i know everything" Cropmton. Arrghhh what pisses me off more is how Crompton has them big ass books, with details of lap times & Sh*t, who the f-uck does he think he is Frank WIlliams or Ross Brawn, for godsake if you know so much Crompton why aren't you an engineer or a racer uh?? Cause your a failure, now go & call Cristiano da Matta & tell him how much you love him..Na seriously Pi$$ off crompton ya d*ckhead

Asanka-out

Last edited:
1.michael schumacher and ferrari :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :headbang: :headbang:

purrr-geot said:
HAAH good call dawg!!

Man, i can stand Neil Crompton, seriously just because he's good friends with Cristiano da Matta he thinks his some sort of VIP f1 reporter. Uuooeee look at me im neil crompton i stalk Cristiano da Matta, i dream about him everynight, i use to do motorsport BUT Am TOO SHIT TO DO IT ANYMORE, so i'll host RPM with Bill "i know F-uck all" Woods.

Man bring back that loud mouth Darrel Eastlake & Alan Jones, at least jones Raced & won in f1, not like MR Neil "I'm a annoying commentator & think i know everything" Cropmton. Arrghhh what pisses me off more is how Crompton has them big ass books, with details of lap times & Sh*t, who the f-uck does he think he is Frank WIlliams or Ross Brawn, for godsake if you know so much Crompton why aren't you an engineer or a racer uh?? Cause your a failure, now go & call Cristiano da Matta & tell him how much you love him..Na seriously Pi$$ off crompton ya d*ckhead

Asanka-out
Dude! Couldnt agree more - but go vent in the CH 10 forum (www.rpmlive.tv) - they constantly bitch about cromley and co.. there are always the loyalists that defend them though!

I'm convinced that Cromley get's all his power from the magic clipboard that he's always holding onto so tightly over his nuts. He's like superman - take away the clipboard and he's just another annoying reporter who used to drive cars a bit.