Missing Renault badge on Clio

berzerker

Fellow Frogger
I bought my clio privilege in march 2003 and since then have noticed that other clios have a renault badge on the back. My car hasn't got one.:confused:

There is the clio badge on the right hand side but no renault badge on the left. I have noticed that most clio's have the renault badge but now and then I do spot a clio that hasn't got one.

Does anyone know what's the go with this?

:mallet:

berzerker said:
I bought my clio privilege in march 2003 and since then have noticed that other clios have a renault badge on the back. My car hasn't got one.:confused:

There is the clio badge on the right hand side but no renault badge on the left. I have noticed that most clio's have the renault badge but now and then I do spot a clio that hasn't got one.

Does anyone know what's the go with this?

:mallet:

Renault consistancy :) ummm, you should have one that says Renault. Although it might be a case that specific batches simply did not have them. Like batches of Clio Sport didn't have a door lock on the driver's side door (mine) and batches that did. If you really want one, you could always ask your dealer for one, but i doubt they will give you one for free as they will think it's stolen... which is fair enough unless you can provide proof that it wasn't... i.e. maybe a dated photo of the car on the purcahse date or something.

It seems to depend on the market location. The Euro spec cars seem to to do without the "Renault" badge probably because the brand recognition of the diamond logo. I've also seen cars here without the "Renault" badge, it only seems to be a certain batch though. Early cars had them, then they went for a while, now they all seem to have "Renault" on the back again.

Even the Megane has a small "Renault" badge on the back which looks a bit out of place. The RS would have retained the Renault badge as the official model name for the car is Renault Clio Renaultsport.

Theres nothing missing. Renault changed their policy about a year ago to be that they would no longer be putting the Renault word badge on the back of new cars, only a slightly larger diamond in the centre and the model badge. The exception is of course the Sport versions, which have a Renault Sport badge.

It seems theres been an overly long time, either in production, shipping, or selling off all the cars that have the badges. If there are badges on Australian cars then maybe Renault Oz is sticking them on on arrival to up the brand awareness... maybe.

Be happy.. its fine. Enjoy!

Last edited:
More interesting craig I saw a very early model clio clue in colour like a 1994 model or something over in willoughby in thursday. Pretty cool car....:renault:. Must be n import...:dance:

thanks everyone

i had alot of problems in the delivery of my clio. it was suppose to be delivered in mid january 2003 but i didn't pick it up til mid march. during the wait i was harassing the manager of that renault dealer (he was also the state manager) to honour his word that the car would be delivered promptly. he kept telling me that it would be delivered next week.

he even used the excuse that the delivery ship was one of the ships that sunk in the ocean during that time delivering all those euro cars.

the manager kept trying to deliver clios in other colours to me but i was only interested in a black one. he said that there was no more black ones left in the whole country. my missus rang up the renault australian head office to confirm whether this was true and of course it wasn't...there were still 3 others in nsw.

well you might be wondering at this stage what this story has to do with the topic. well i thought maybe the guys forgot to put the renault badge on the back cause they were in a rush to deliver the car to me cause i had been harassing the manager for so long.

anyway i did a couple of renault sport caps and key rings out of the guy cause of our long wait.

even if the renault badge wasn't a stuff up, i did mange to ping them for something cause they were rushed. i discovered a few months after delivery of my car that they gave me the incorret spare.