Mi16 Oil leak thoughts request

Prrrgo

VIP Paid Subscriber
Tadpole
Tadpole
Hi, My XU10J4Z engine has a newish oil leak seemingly coming from the upper rear (firewall side) gearbox end of the engine. I'm thinking head gasket, but any thoughts/ previous experiences /opinions welcome.
Thanks and Merry Christmas

rocker cover gasket ,run your finger along the back of the head below the cover gasket ,i think you will find oil there ,put it up on stands or over a gutter and have a look up the back of the engine with a torch ,

If that is not conclusive, give the suspected area (areas) a good wash, take the car for a drive and then run your finger around there.
Head gaskets don't usually leak oil.

Spray talcum powder all around where you think the leak might be. It'll soon become clear where its leaking from (and the engine bay will smell a million bucks too)!

Thanks folks. I've washed and cleaned to work out the general area. I can't see the rocker cover from underneath, but will chase that suggestion down, but my wife doesn't trust me with talcum powder.
This though will have to wait now till Christmas is done with. Will let you know how it works out.