Mi16 Cables

Izza

Fellow Frogger
Right, I'm getting there (slowly I know) with my 205 Mi16 conversion but have run into a problem with cables.
The throttle cable is too short, bot the 205 and BX ones. I've heard that one off a BX diesel is the right lenght.
Also trying to hook my clutch cable back up (using 16v gearbox) and it's got the oppersite problem, it's TOO damn long. I cannot figure out what is going on.
'elp!

I think you have to use the Mi16 throttle cable. Wait for Peter, Neil or another 205 Mi16 person to show up, they will point you in the right direction.

Cal.

FWIW, when we rebuilt the series one BX 16V, my son didn't even ask a price from a Cit dealer, just went to a motorbike shop with the old cable, told them the length he wanted (as the original one was a $#!+ of a fit) and for a few bucks came home with one. ($12 - $14 from memory)
I think you'll find any motorbike mechanic, particularly one involved with racing, would set one up for you within a few minutes.
The barrel fitting at the motor end is a common fitting but I don't know what they used at the pedal. It works OK so I can't see that it's a real roblem.

Alan S

Izza

Sorry I have not had a chance to look at froggy lately. However back to your question about the cable's

For the accelerator cable Alan S is spot on. Do not do what I did and order a an Mi16 accelerator cable from Peugeot and pay $45 for a push bike cable. Go to a K-mart and buy a standard brake cable and this will fit.

The clutch is a bit different. Did you have a S1 gti gearbox and have now replaced it with the Mi16 box. If so you will need to speak to Peter T who helped me out with an adaptor for the clutch cable to take up the slack. Even with the adaptor I had to cut some of the thread off the end of the clutch cable.

Hope this helps?

How far are you away from getting it on the road?

You are going to soil yourself when you get it running it's so cool compared to the 8V.
cheers!

Neil

<small>[ 21 October 2003, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: neil 416 ]</small>